Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: U.S Air never Again!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    PITA for sure!
    Hate to hear people getting jerked around on flights

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Your story sounds like many of the United flights we have taken. Most of them have been miserable. We always say never again, but somehow we end up booking with them again. In fact, we'll probably end up flying back with them again on our next trip to Aruba. Our experience is that all of the airlines do a lousy job these days.

Yes. All airlines do a lousy job, and some are worse than others. I booked our flights yesterday on US Air for our upcoming trip and I was on the phone for almost an hour due to computer issues at the ticketing place. Yeah, I wasn't on the plane mid-flight or mid vacation, but they had delays all the same. Just think, 200 other people on your flight were probably late and missing connections. The airline isn't picking on just you. Once I figured out that little gem years ago, I now just accept that the flight will probably be delayed at some point and hope I can recover when the plane lands. I used US Air for our trip this time because I had a $600 voucher for travel I got from my last snafu flying to San Diego. Read up on your rights online and learn what the airlines are required to do when there are delays. You might be late, but you might put some money in your pocket.

We have always flown us air out of PVD with no problems. Went with Jet Blue out of Boston on March 28, delayed because of the snow, then delayed leaving Aruba,
    along with 8 other planes.

After all that I hope you breezed thru immigration hall and made it to happy hour with a smile
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

immigration was great leaving was a HORROR show. I'm going to start leaving on a Thurs. or Fri. to avoid that mess!!

When we flew US Air it seems that the return flight from Philly to Providence was always delayed. It was a 10pm flight, and many times would be delayed one to two hours. Between leaving our beloved island, flying for 4.5 hours, and then being delayed when you're tired, sad and cranky, it wasn't fun! I found flying through Charlotte to be a much better experience on USAir. Love Jet Blue from Boston, but prices were $150 higher per ticket than Southwest through Providence for July. This will be our first Southwest flight to Aruba.

I am awaiting a response from US Air now who knows if I will ever get one. They did respond to my email and it was not an automated response which was nice to see. Pictures below show screen shots of hold times that I was on that Friday before leaving trying to get on another flight, it was completely ridiculous for a company of there size to keep someone on hold for 1 hr and 37 min, and then when someone finally picked up after that time they told me "oh you need to speak to our international division" after I had already pressed #2 when I first called when it asked if this was a domestic or international flight, after transferring me to "international division" I was on hold for another 1hr 25 min, im sorry that is unacceptable. Especially since I was calling due to a canceled flight, its not that I was trying to change or cancel a flight. All the planes we flew with the exception of the plane from Charlotte to Boston were old and disgusting inside, just a bad experience all around. Im not sure what I will do in the future because after all We did save over $500 flying with them instead of Jetblue....... A decision will have to be made for next year when the time comes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails U.S Air never Again!-us-air-2.jpg   U.S Air never Again!-us-air-phone.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12