Aruba Beach

Thread: U.S. Customs in Aruba

U.S. Customs in Aruba

I just came back from Aruba and not sure if this was posted before but if you are leaving Aruba on the first flight with American airlines 7:20am to Miami you will not go through U.S. CUSTOMS in ARUBA. Instead you will have to in Miami and plan on walking very long distance, lines etc.. and took almost 2 hours to get to the connecting gate. Several people missed there connections and the process was a nightmare with the construction at the airport.
    I was told that with the time change American did not want to compromise with U.S. Customs in Aruba so they are not open for the first flight.

Aruba since 1979
    unbelievable huh?
    isn't compromise the 11th commandment?
    there should have been a way to figure it out.
    i am certain it had to do with "AA" footing the bill or aportion of the costs for those early US Customs agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    I just came back from Aruba and not sure if this was posted before but if you are leaving Aruba on the first flight with American airlines 7:20am to Miami you will not go through U.S. CUSTOMS in ARUBA. Instead you will have to in Miami and plan on walking very long distance, lines etc.. and took almost 2 hours to get to the connecting gate. Several people missed there connections and the process was a nightmare with the construction at the airport.
    I was told that with the time change American did not want to compromise with U.S. Customs in Aruba so they are not open for the first flight.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    I have been on that flight before. You wait for AA desk to open, then you stand in line again waiting for Aruba Customs to open, and again must wait for the Aruba security employees to start work and finally 1 hour after the AA desk opened US customs finally unlocks their doors. A nightmare I now avoid.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".