Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Customs short-staffed at Aruban airport

Well....we will be leaving for Aruba on Sunday...WHOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEEEE....sorry I digress....and I will make sure to see if it slows us down any longer than usual....I never really felt there was a delay getting onto the island, but usually the problem is getting off. Even with the new cattle call lines they initiated last year it still seems like there is not enough customs agents getting folks through, but I always look on the bright side...if I miss the plane then I have to stay another day.....even if I have to go through it again the next it still gives me 1 more day on the island...problem is...I've never missed my flight d/t customs....maybe this year I'll get lucky !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

This year I have gone thru Aruba preclearance, took a very long time and others missed their flights and in the US, JFK @ international arrivals and it was a breeze. Luck of the draw I guess.

Little tip about Preclearance. Saturday is the busiest day to fly, if you want to breeze through you need to fly on a Wed. thats the slowest day, or a week day. I know most people have timeshares and they go Sat to Sat so theres nothing you can do but get there early, have your paperwork filled out and do the processes.

We went through US customs on Saturday 10/31/09 and had no wait at all.We forgot to take a bag from Aruba customs and they even had time to take DW to get it.

I breezed through the airport in record time on Saturday. ten minutes for passport inspection, right through security, killed some time at duty free, five minutes or less at customs and right through security again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12