Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: United $553 RT from Newark to Aruba early Dec.

Thanks for all the info!
    Sean and Susan

Just re checked and our flights went up $10 pp. only a hand full of seats sold for 1st week in December. Plane is empty! Never paid $663.00 pp for a flight to Aruba yet. Last year over a $100 less pp
    sean and susan

Still haven't booked for August! Starting to freak out a bit. Still in the $800 range - $796 Delta nonstop, $1109 JetBlue non-stop. Just found Delta with one stop each way, cutting our stay short by one day for $555.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jacki - Depending on when you are leaving in August, I just found a fare from Newark on August 26 for a price of $437pp via United Airlines. This is a direct flight. The rest of the month is in the $500-600 range.

Scheduled to be leaving Sunday the 23rd. That seems to be the issue.

Just an update to our flight in December. We finally booked. We registered on Kayak and Hipmunk for fare prices changes. it signaled us today of lower fare. We just booked our flights for $524.00 per person. Yea! We like a direct flight and like to get to Aruba early from Newark NJ for arrival 12:50 PM and leave late 5:25 PM for departure. Get the most out of our stay that way. We also like to be in isle seats across from each other. You get a little more room and easy to get in and out. We were a little under $500 last year. But there were only 4 isle sets across from each other left and one combo was right next to the bathroom with no ability to recline in those seats. Its kinda of crazy you have to book a flight, room and rental car over 6 months ahead of time to get exactly what you want in Aruba. We were able to get Hans at Tropic reserved also. Staying at ABC on Eagle beach which we love. We are extending our stay to add on Sunday at the end of the week. We know we might have to change rooms to stay one more day and as of now we have no guaranty we can get a room. We gambled the last 5 years and a room always showed at the last minute. We are so excited to be coming back. This forum has helped us navigate to the best trip experience because of the kind people here that take the time to give such great info and tips. IE: Papasons, Woozie, Zeerovers,Clothes pins,Vacation vault, Hans and Scott"s- just to name a few. We would have never known. We take delight reading the trip reports which gets us through to our next next stay. Thanks to all!
    Sean and Susan
    P.S One tip from us. If you don't have a special credit card to get access to President type lounge at departing airport, check out Ebay and Craig's list for your airline's club. We usually can pick them up for $10 each, sometimes with a free drink coupon online. Makes for a nice start to vacation. You can get free snacks, newspapers, free drinks ( Yea!).

Booked last week, United from Newark $417.00, end of Oct. to beginning of Nov. Quick tip, if you're using Explorer, log into your account, then search, did this and was able to get one ticket on my points, which didn't see listed before I logged in.....GOOD LUCK..

Oh Well! Flights just went down $75 each-EEEKKK!!! We blinked thinking with so few seats left departing on our December 5th departure we bought them. Another vote for those who have the nerve to hang on a little longer for better pricing.
    Sean and Susan

I finally booked. Found some great fares in the high $400s - BUT - the layovers exceeded 12 hours both ways getting us to the destination the next day. Finally found a flight for $517. While entering my information it somehow went down to $510pp by the time I checked out! Not the best I've ever seen, but I'll take it.

Super cheap fares ,direct Newark to Aruba,late November.return mid dec.low as 355.00 round trip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123