Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: united

Quote Originally Posted by squan66 View Post
    i book one way tickets on a united (newark to aruba) all the time. I bought my sons ticket for feb 9th in november for $133.90.

I had used points last july to book our rerun home on february 17th. I knew we would all be flying home together but wasn't sue when my son could come meet us in aruba at that point.

One way tickets have saved us a ton of money over the years.

dirt cheap

I use the hopper app. It lets me know when the price changes for any flight I register for.

Quote Originally Posted by Squan66 View Post
    I use the hopper app. It lets me know when the price changes for any flight I register for.
    Unfortunately the Hopper App doesn't support first or business class. Do you know of Southwest process will show up there? I know they don't on most search engines.

Southwest does not show up on Hopper the last time I checked.

Tracy, I just booked a light to Orlando on Southwest for August and the airfare had gone down about $50. I don't know when you are traveling but you may want to check it. I have been looking at airfare for Fla for a month or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    Tracy, I just booked a light to Orlando on Southwest for August and the airfare had gone down about $50. I don't know when you are traveling but you may want to check it. I have been looking at airfare for Fla for a month or more.
    Thanks Sue. Still waiting for Southwest to open flights for November. Southwest will give you a credit if your flight goes down. If you booked before the $50 drop be sure to call them. It will bee good to use within one year of the booking date, not the travel date. That's why we are taking a trip next month, had credit we didn't want to lose.

I haven't seen Southwest show up on Hopper. Living in NJ I fly on United.
    Example. I am tracking next February.
    The flight notification today has my flight at $159 (Feb 1st or 3rd)

It is a "big pain" to get to Newark....we live on Long Island, and to drive to Newark is a hassle( bridge, tolls, traffic)...and a car ride is over$ 100 one way...It is not worth it to "save this way" for us...JFK is just 20 min away, and uber ride is $40.

I actually did this last year on jetBlue for our Aruba trip and United for a race we did out in the midwest. Flights going out were really cheap so I snagged the one way and then gambled on the flights coming back getting lower. They did!

For the past two years I have flown out Jet Blue one way and returned American one-way saved a lot of money, but this year jumped on Jet Blue early and two RT tickets for under $1,000. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12