Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: United Airlines changed our Aruba Plans

  1. #11
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Sean and Susan, glad you got the seats you wanted.

    When it comes down to it, in the end, are there any perfect airlines?

  2. #12
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    United just cancelled our 5:30 Sunday flight out of Aruba. They combined the 2:30 and 5:30 Aruba to Newark to just a single 3:50 flight out. The 5:30 flight out was always booked solid last 5 years, so we never even thought of this scenario. They also took away the aisle seat I had reserved on the 5:30 fligbt and i had to choose again. Now only 2 aisle seats left, the last 2 seat in the back of plane right next to bathroom door. Now if I wanted to change my flight a week ago, they would have charged me a $200 fee and a milage penalty for changing. They change, and no consequences.
    Sean and Susan
    I don't think they are allowed to charge you for changing your flight when they cancel or change one you are booked on. It should be a freebie according to the rules. I have had this happen on a couple of flights on American and SW and the changes I made were free. Had to change dates of travel both times.
    Last edited by arubabob; 06-07-2016 at 04:26 PM.

  3. #13
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    When it comes down to it, in the end, are there any perfect airlines?
    Pretty darn close: http://www.emirates.com/

  4. #14
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    my friend and neighbor, 2 streets away, teaches in dubai.
    comes to her vacation house (near me) 3x a year on emirates airlines.
    she loves it!

    oh ya the topic is United changed Crimms' plans. Did you know that Gaby hates United?

    I may combine the 2 threads...or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Pretty darn close: http://www.emirates.com/

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,064
    I heard emirates was great, too. I'll tell you though, when I saw that post this morning, I started saying geez, if they are going to screw with us, please let it be on the Aruba side. Just get me the hell over there. I'd rather them force me to stay longer than take away my days there.

    You know what I wish? I wish Virgin Airlines flew there. I heard they are phenomenal. They do California but I wish they would give United a run for their money. The problem is, Newark Airport is 15 minutes from my home. Also, United flies non-stop. I can't see going to an airport an hour away when I can leave my house at 7 and be there at 7:15. And no traffic. And I can't see having a stop over when its right there for us for a non-stop. But I do wish other airlines would fly non-stop from Newark. Its a huge airport. Why is no one else there.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I don't think they are allowed to charge you for changing your flight when they cancel or change one you are booked on. It should be a freebie according to the rules.
    That is correct. If they change or cancel your flight, you have the right to change or cancel without a fee.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    433
    Your right Amy. But when you book with miles, you have to find another flight using miles. It was too late for me. Economy seats all gone

  8. #18
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,847
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    You know what I wish? I wish Virgin Airlines flew there. I heard they are phenomenal. They do California but I wish they would give United a run for their money. The problem is, Newark Airport is 15 minutes from my home. Also, United flies non-stop. I can't see going to an airport an hour away when I can leave my house at 7 and be there at 7:15. And no traffic. And I can't see having a stop over when its right there for us for a non-stop. But I do wish other airlines would fly non-stop from Newark. Its a huge airport. Why is no one else there.

    Totally agree. I'm not as close to Newark as you, but I'd love to see more direct flights from other carriers.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  9. #19
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Your right Amy. But when you book with miles, you have to find another flight using miles. It was too late for me. Economy seats all gone
    And you're right, too. Using miles is a whole 'nother ballgame and you need time on your side to make changes or book a new flight.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  10. #20
    Senior Member MAZOO-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Posts
    184
    We also are only 45 minutes door to door to Newark. DW mind set is" if we can't fly non-stop from Newark, I don't want to go". Booked for our Sept. trip awhile ago and they have changed the departure times from Newark twice and just now departure time from Aruba. Jeeesch, we may be leaving Aruba before we even get there, LOL. We'll see how many more times it changes in the next three months.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO