Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: united check in

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Sorry Andrea, lol, I thought you meant this thread. Lol. Yes, I now read it. We are arriving at noon. Also, last weekend was the jazz festival and there were so many people on the island. This week seems dead compared to last weekend.

Gaby, It took us 1hr. 45 mins. from the time we walked into the airport to the time we arrived upstairs at our gate. We had to settle an issue we had with United at the ticket counter and that took about 15-20mins. So, I would say it took us less than 1 hr. 30 mins. total. We also were transporting a puppy for ARF, but the puppy was already 'booked' ahead of time, so there was no hold up there. The US customs room was jam-packed.... so much so that we couldn't even get inside. There were three lanes open and then they opened a fourth lane. In my opinion, if you allowed yourself three hours (which is the normal time), you would be fine. I question the '4 hr. alert/warning' issued by the Aruba Tourism Authority. I personally think it is a marketing tactic to get folks to the airport. When you are captive at the airport, what do most folks do? (besides complain)......eat, drink and shop since there is no free Wi-Fi!

I hope this helps.

Barb

Aruba since 1979
    it is my understanding that it was the aruba airport authority that issued the notice about early airport arrival and not the aruba tourism authority.

here is the link to the news release from the aruba airport authority http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=38917

imo, the aruba airport authority and or the aruba tourism authority would be shooting themselves in the foot, by delaying folks in the duty free shopping area as a marketing tactic. why would the aruba tourism authority anger the tourists and purposely give them a negative experience during their last few minutes on the island?
    i am pretty certain that the delays of last weekend and in times past in getting thru US CUSTOMS is a US CUSTOMS issue and not a marketing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barblepa View Post
    Gaby, It took us 1hr. 45 mins. from the time we walked into the airport to the time we arrived upstairs at our gate. We had to settle an issue we had with United at the ticket counter and that took about 15-20mins. So, I would say it took us less than 1 hr. 30 mins. total. We also were transporting a puppy for ARF, but the puppy was already 'booked' ahead of time, so there was no hold up there. The US customs room was jam-packed.... so much so that we couldn't even get inside. There were three lanes open and then they opened a fourth lane. In my opinion, if you allowed yourself three hours (which is the normal time), you would be fine. I question the '4 hr. alert/warning' issued by the Aruba Tourism Authority. I personally think it is a marketing tactic to get folks to the airport. When you are captive at the airport, what do most folks do? (besides complain)......eat, drink and shop since there is no free Wi-Fi!

I hope this helps.

Barb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12