Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: United - Checked Bag Fees

Some airlines (including United/Continental) have credit cards that give you free checked bags when your ticket is charged to the card. I have a Continental Presidential Plus card that gives free bag checkin to all tickets charged on that card. The only problem is that there is a yearly fee for the credit card. However, if you take a few flights, the card pays for itself when you are not charged to check bags.
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Too many places to list
    I did not even realize that united/continental changed the baggage policy regarding the caribbean, so glad I read this. After reading all the fine print on conti's website, I was still unclear as to how many checked bags we will be allowed with our Presidential Plus Card. At one point it says 2 checked bags for the cardholder and one companion on the same reservation, at another point I read that the cardholder and up to eight family members on the same reservation would be allowed the free bags (all assuming the presidential card was used to purchase the tickets). I spent 40 minutes on hold to finally speak to a woman who did the same thing I did which was read information off the website. How she reads it is that with the regular Continental Chase card the cardholder and one companion can bring one free checked bag, and with the Presidential Plus card the holder and just one other person will be allowed 2 checked free bags. That would allow our family 4 checked bags which should definitely be enough - Just never know what will happen once you get to the airport, I have had it happen to me before where the employees of the airline don't even know the rules and have tried to charge me when they shouldn't have. I wish when tickets were purchased they would indicate what baggage each person is allowed right on the eticket they send
    , so there would be no confusion.

Trip #14 in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12