Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: United/Continetal Merger

United/Continetal Merger

The consolidation of reservation and frquent flier systems this past weekend gave me a few anxious moments.

I went in to set-up my account profile in the merged system, and while in the system decided to print my itinerary and e-receipt. Got a message that my itinerary had changed and my ticket needed to be re-issued. Checked my flights and the last leg of return flight was gone, and when I checked the flight, it showed the plan was full with no available seats. Tried to call and kept getting disconnected.

Was able to get everything back to normal this morning, but I did not sleep well last night.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    argh, that is so frustrating.

sleep well tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    The consolidation of reservation and frquent flier systems this past weekend gave me a few anxious moments.

I went in to set-up my account profile in the merged system, and while in the system decided to print my itinerary and e-receipt. Got a message that my itinerary had changed and my ticket needed to be re-issued. Checked my flights and the last leg of return flight was gone, and when I checked the flight, it showed the plan was full with no available seats. Tried to call and kept getting disconnected.

Was able to get everything back to normal this morning, but I did not sleep well last night.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i have continental bookmarked. when i clicked on it, it was now united. but i couldn't get my onepass signed in. i had to delete my bookmark and rebookmark it. but we were able to get our flight.

we booked in the early afternoon and by that nite, the price jumped up. of course the first thing i did before any of this was make sure someone could take care of my babies. i have someone for the cats for the three cats. she is wonderful and one of my babies has cancer so she needs to take two pills. and the dog goes to my stepdaughter's house for the two weeks. but first things first, take care of the babies and then book your place, lol....

but we are now all set. plane, townhouse, car, foo foo sitters. I call my babies foo foo nee nees, lol.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Smile

If the last leg of my flight was gone, I would just stay in Aruba until they replaced it.

Dom
    I had my reservation for June booked on United. I could view the reservation on the United site, but not on the Continental site. Following the merger of the systems, I signed onto the combined United/Continental site with my Continental Frequent Flier number and the reservation was available for viewing and modifying.

I also benefited from the merger because when both my United and Continental Frequent Flier accounts were combined I put me over the 1 million lifetime flight miles. This gives me Primer Gold status on United for life. As a Gold member the chances of getting my wife and me upgraded to 1st class is usually pretty good.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

I have the same problem for next month's flight. No seats available and they can't assure me that they can give us a seat with our little boys. We were told that we will not know if we can get seat together until check in, seriously?! Guess I have to try calling again and hope for customer rep that's willing to help.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    When I had a problem last year with continental, I tried calling and they were not very helpful (except onepass customer service is very helpful). but since this wasn't a one pass problem I decided to call very early on a Sunday Morning. on sunday mornings (early), the travel department answers the phones and boy were they helpful. so try calling like 6 or 7 est on a sunday morning. you might get lucky. that person went out of their way to fix the problem and did fix it. she explained on sunday mornings the calls get forwarded to the travel department. anyway, give it a try. but keep calling till you get someone who actually doesn't mind doing their job. there are always a few of those at any company, lol.

Good luck getting in touch with United customer service. About three days ago, I had to call them for a flight issue for my return home to CONUS and I waited for approx 2 hours before I hung up out of disgust.
    Aruba here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by tight_lines View Post
    Good luck getting in touch with United customer service. About three days ago, I had to call them for a flight issue for my return home to CONUS and I waited for approx 2 hours before I hung up out of disgust.
    I was so thankful our tickets had been booked through a travel agent. Like you I was unable to get through. Call was ended on thier part with "call back at another time".

TA was able to get through and reconfirm flights and seating. United site still shows seats unassigned for the last leg of return, however TA did convey that UA had confirmed seats assigned.

Good Luck.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

WOW - glad all turned out well. Delta got us a few years ago. Cancelled our flight out of Boston because of wind? Got a "robo" call - no explanation - just flight had been cancelled for the next morning. I jumped on the phone and got a very nice young lady at Delta reservation who was able to get us our of Providence...what, no wind in Providence an hour away? Anyway there is othing worse than last minute glitches...hmm, better check our flights.

Glad all work out for you Joe. Have a great flight and save a few cocktails for us!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast