Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: United Customer NO SERVICE

Wow. All of these stories are totally unacceptable. My husband used to fly Continental regularly. After the merger with United and several bad experiences he does not fly them any more.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree, continental service was pretty good but united doesn't need to care. they have pretty much the whole airport at newark. unfortunately they know they are one of the only ones who fly non-stop to all these places, not just aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    Wow. All of these stories are totally unacceptable. My husband used to fly Continental regularly. After the merger with United and several bad experiences he does not fly them any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I agree, continental service was pretty good but united doesn't need to care. they have pretty much the whole airport at newark. unfortunately they know they are one of the only ones who fly non-stop to all these places, not just aruba.
    These comments ALL speak VOLUMES!

I'm so sorry for what you went through. What a way to start a vacation!
    I'm in shock! I've flown most of the major airline carries but never United.

I flew Jet Blue from NY to Aruba in September with my 88 year old mother. She walks kind of slow but can still walk. When I checked in the young lady at the counter asked if I needed wheel chair assistance for my Mother. I told her no thanks she can walk but I appreciated her asking. She asked again before giving me my boarding tickets "are u sure"? I said no we are ok. So she smiled and said ok but if you change your mind before u get to the security gate there is a station with wheel chair assistance up ahead. We passed it by and there were about 2 dozen wheel chairs there.

When we arrived back in NY the flight attendant announced that for those needing wheel chair assistance to just let all the other passengers get off and there would be some wheel chairs arriving. When I exited the plane there were about 6 or 8 jet blue employees ready with the wheel chairs.

I was soooo impressed with their service and the flight attendant who served us on both leg of the trip that I wrote customer service to commend the flight attendant and thank them for their service.

They were very happy because most people write in complaints and they do take it seriously and try to address problems. However, they are very happy to also hear that they are providing good service.

They told me that the owner of Jet Blue created this airline to bring back humanity back to the industry. Something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    was there poor customer service prior to the continental united merger?
    I never really had any problems with continental,, but as I said United as had some customer service issues.. I have to agree with JEFFNEV

wow...so sorry to hear that...hopefully your mom is doing better now....I usually fly usair (as I constantly point out) and would on occasion be put on a coshare flight with united....everytime I travel them I have one issue or another....I now take the time to make certain I am not on one of their flights....not sure what the problem is but nowadays with the competition being what it is you would think they would be a little more caring of their passengers......especially ones that get hurt due to something that is the airlines fault
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

In a lot of airports, the wheelchair service is contracted out by the airport and not run by the airlines themselves. Those have been the worst ones in my experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12