Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: United nonstop AUA-IAD flight change

Aruba since 1979
    that is too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I just checked all of our options and it looks like it would be a pretty big hassle and expense to change in exchange for gaiming jus 2 hours. I think the lesson to be learned here for me is not to book airlines so far in advance.

Sorry! That is so frustrating!

Looking at the bright side, at least you are still arriving the same day!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Sorry! That is so frustrating!

Looking at the bright side, at least you are still arriving the same day!
    So true! Definitely thought about adding an extra day on the front end to make up for it, but not sure it's possible for us.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Hope I don't jinx myself but I always book way in advance with Jet Blue. We've never had the seats change or a flight change of more than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Hope I don't jinx myself but I always book way in advance with Jet Blue. We've never had the seats change or a flight change of more than 10 minutes.
    I have heard so many good things about Jet Blue. Not an option for us because we would have to fly north to go south and don't like the weather risks during winter.

Returned saturday on the same flight, usually united is our last option.
    When we departed saturday my friend at southwest told me united is the worse!
    The same has been said at our home airport in rochester ny.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    Returned saturday on the same flight, usually united is our last option.
    When we departed saturday my friend at southwest told me united is the worse!
    The same has been said at our home airport in rochester ny.
    I think we will be sticking with southwest and American for a while. I just wish American flew nonstop.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    United is the worse. For us there is no option. we fly out of newark and I just can't fly with a stopover when we can fly direct so we're stuck with United. We are 15 minutes from the airport. that is great for when we get home at 9:30 at night and are in our house by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    United is the worse. For us there is no option. we fly out of newark and I just can't fly with a stopover when we can fly direct so we're stuck with United. We are 15 minutes from the airport. that is great for when we get home at 9:30 at night and are in our house by 10.
    United is our only option for nonstop from Dulles. Bwi is about the same distance for us, so we have Southwest as our other option for nonstop. Either way we drive and park at the airport. I miss the days when we were close enough that it made sense to take a taxi. But then we didn't have a nonstop option out of Regan. Lucky to be in a location with lots of options I guess.

At least you have options Tracey. We have to fly with at least one layover from here. I even researched driving to Charlotte for a non-stop (about 350 miles) and the ticket was $200 more per person! So we fly to Charlotte or Miami have a couple of drinks and just keep saying only a few more hours. One of our first times we flew first class and had to do a layover in Boston before flying back to Virginia on the return from Aruba... go figure...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast