Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: United nonstop AUA-IAD flight change

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Ugh..another flight change for our flight to Aruba this year. Now American changed our departure so we won't be arriving till 4:30. That just seems so late to me, almost a wasted day. I am sure we will make the best of it. And at least our room should be ready. I usually try to make sure we land by 2pm so we can make the most of our first day. I guess losing 2 hours isn't that bad.

Our 3rd flight change for this trip...but this one is in our favor!! We're getting to Aruba by 2pm and avoiding a long layover in Miami. Something happened where they changed the 1st leg of our trip to leave earlier, which would have given us a 4 hour layover - not okay. I found an earlier flight from Miami to Aruba so I called just to see how much it would cost to change. American customer service was awesome! They really worked with us and got everything moved for us at no cost. So now even though its only 2.5 hours earlier, it really feels like we aren't losing the whole day now. I'm excited!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    That's the key....
    wait till the airlines make the slightest change .... THEN, you can make you changes without penalties making it worked for you.
    Thr airlines always tweek something and they don't realize how it screws everyone up
    Last edited by cindyo; 09-02-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling!!!!!!

We have such few options from where we live. DH hates the Pittsburgh airport, so we use Cleveland or Akron/Canton. We do not have many options for non-stop, so we have to go through either Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami or Orlando.

One time the airline wanted us to go from Pittsburgh to Chicago to Aruba and once we were going to be routed through Houston.

I've often said that when we retire we're moving someplace that we can drive to a major hub within 2 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I've often said that when we retire we're moving someplace that we can drive to a major hub within 2 hours!
    Or just retire to Aruba! Think of the airfare savings!

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    We have such few options from where we live. DH hates the Pittsburgh airport, so we use Cleveland or Akron/Canton. We do not have many options for non-stop, so we have to go through either Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami or Orlando.

One time the airline wanted us to go from Pittsburgh to Chicago to Aruba and once we were going to be routed through Houston.

Are too far from Baltimore? I feel like I may have asked you before. I know you can get southwest direct from there, not sure if there are any other optins.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Our 3rd flight change for this trip...but this one is in our favor!! We're getting to Aruba by 2pm and avoiding a long layover in Miami. Something happened where they changed the 1st leg of our trip to leave earlier, which would have given us a 4 hour layover - not okay. I found an earlier flight from Miami to Aruba so I called just to see how much it would cost to change. American customer service was awesome! They really worked with us and got everything moved for us at no cost. So now even though its only 2.5 hours earlier, it really feels like we aren't losing the whole day now. I'm excited!
    So glad I opened this thread today, with starting my new job this week haven't really been on and forgot to check for changes on Fridays! Last week I noticed my 3rd change also since booking in January. March, July, August 30th. My last change was not a feel good change, I was leaving at 6 am arriving AUA 4:30 pm, then it changed 8 am arriving 4:30 (change was only about an hr in between), but coming home was the largest change instead of getting in at 10 pm now midnight, yuck! Anyway, I was told to check for schedule changes on Fridays which I just did. Believe it or not, my original flight that was changed a week ago is now back (just don't get it)???? Good news I had a sweet young man (AA) who nicely changed my flight back to 6 am and kept my choice seats. sounds crazy but I would rather have a layover instead of 1 hr between flights so we can relax, get some food etc. and not rush. Now I just hope it does not change again, unless of course my return flight home improves. We are now leaving AUA at 5:30 and have no clue what time to get to the airport, we usually get there 10 am for 2:30 pm flight. OH well, will worry about that down the road, still could change again!

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    So glad I opened this thread today, with starting my new job this week haven't really been on and forgot to check for changes on Fridays! Last week I noticed my 3rd change also since booking in January. March, July, August 30th. My last change was not a feel good change, I was leaving at 6 am arriving AUA 4:30 pm, then it changed 8 am arriving 4:30 (change was only about an hr in between), but coming home was the largest change instead of getting in at 10 pm now midnight, yuck! Anyway, I was told to check for schedule changes on Fridays which I just did. Believe it or not, my original flight that was changed a week ago is now back (just don't get it)???? Good news I had a sweet young man (AA) who nicely changed my flight back to 6 am and kept my choice seats. sounds crazy but I would rather have a layover instead of 1 hr between flights so we can relax, get some food etc. and not rush. Now I just hope it does not change again, unless of course my return flight home improves. We are now leaving AUA at 5:30 and have no clue what time to get to the airport, we usually get there 10 am for 2:30 pm flight. OH well, will worry about that down the road, still could change again!
    I think we were on the same AA arriving flight before we changed to the earlier one from Miami. We would've been waiting for 4 hours. We will still have about 1.5 hours but that's about as close as I like in a layover. Last time we had a short layover our luggage didn't make the connection. We had it by the next morning but it made me nervous.
    AA just changed our return to make it earlier with a longer layover. That's going to be a long travel day, at the airport at noon for a 3pm flight and not getting home to our house till close to midnight. It's so worth it though. We took the next day off to relax from our relaxing vacation

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I hear ya Tracey, we all need vacations after our vacations (LOL)....still hoping to get a earlier flight home though can't imagine what the airport is like in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday. Seems as though AA customer service reps have been a lot friendlier since the merger, hope it continues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123