Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Air

We've flow US air with a layover in Charlotte at 10 times in the past 7 yrs and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arubadc View Post
    We've flow US air with a layover in Charlotte at 10 times in the past 7 yrs and have never had a problem.
    Thank you so much. I feel much better now

Quote Originally Posted by diviprincess View Post
    I read alot of bad on here about US Air. We are flying out of Manchester NH @ 6:00 AM, layover in Charlotte NC, leaves NC 11:30 then onto beautiful Aruba Anyone ever had problems with any of these flights? Im a little worried now
    DiviPrincess,
    I too use USAir and except for 2 times traveling to Aruba...have always flown them. Only had one occasion where our luggage didn't make it till the next day and that was only because we were late out of Pittsburgh going to Philadelphia not charlotte and the connection was so short the baggage handlers could not get them from one plane to another quick enough....we gpt vpuchers to buy neccessaties and our bags were there the next afternoon......as others have said, the charlotte airport is pretty easy to manuver through and there are a few places close to the gate that you can get munchies, magazines, etc for the flight.
    As for AA...I would have kept after them until I got some kind of answer.....if I did that in my job, I would be in the unemployment line before I could finish my sentence.....
    Have fun in Aruba...take lots of pictures and post a bunch on your return !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    DiviPrincess,
    I too use USAir and except for 2 times traveling to Aruba...have always flown them. Only had one occasion where our luggage didn't make it till the next day and that was only because we were late out of Pittsburgh going to Philadelphia not charlotte and the connection was so short the baggage handlers could not get them from one plane to another quick enough....we gpt vpuchers to buy neccessaties and our bags were there the next afternoon......as others have said, the charlotte airport is pretty easy to manuver through and there are a few places close to the gate that you can get munchies, magazines, etc for the flight.
    As for AA...I would have kept after them until I got some kind of answer.....if I did that in my job, I would be in the unemployment line before I could finish my sentence.....
    Have fun in Aruba...take lots of pictures and post a bunch on your return !!!!
    Thanks so much Im not worried as much now thanks to all the kind people on here! And that horrible story about AA, I have never gotten over it. And that was a few years ago. Never again let me tell you. I have never been treated so rude, and in front of my little one OHHHH !!! Its a little too late to make anything of it now with AA. My bad ! Should have talked to manager or a higer up I guess. Thanks for the response

I'm in Charlotte right now after taking the redeye back from Vegas. I've been sitting in a rocking chair for more than an hour waiting to pick up some chocolate for my wife. She's picking me up when I get home, so I have to be nice.

We flew US Air out of Charlottesville to Hartford with a connection in Charlotte on Monday evening. Our suitcase finally arrived home 12 hours later (not because of a tight layover - our flight was delayed over an hour so not sure why our bag didn't make it - the only one on the full flight that didn't) with some items missing. Not sure if it was the baggage handlers in Charlottesville or Charlotte or TSA - our suitcase was opened and inspected on our flight down and our flight back. Are these checks random? Kind of makes you feel helpless that they can help themselves to whatever they want. Thank goodness it was nothing valuable, but still upsetting.

I've used US Airways for the last 3 years (Mpls to Charlotte to Aruba) and have had no problems. I hope the same is true for your next trip. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba76 View Post
    We flew US Air out of Charlottesville to Hartford with a connection in Charlotte on Monday evening. Our suitcase finally arrived home 12 hours later (not because of a tight layover - our flight was delayed over an hour so not sure why our bag didn't make it - the only one on the full flight that didn't) with some items missing. Not sure if it was the baggage handlers in Charlottesville or Charlotte or TSA - our suitcase was opened and inspected on our flight down and our flight back. Are these checks random? Kind of makes you feel helpless that they can help themselves to whatever they want. Thank goodness it was nothing valuable, but still upsetting.
    I strongly suggest buying TSA approved locks for your bags. At least if something is missing with one of them on your bag, you know who to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I strongly suggest buying TSA approved locks for your bags. At least if something is missing with one of them on your bag, you know who to blame.
    We have been using them about 3 years now and have never had any problems.

We've used US Air for 3 years with no problems and that is from Syracuse NY to Charlotte to Aruba never a problem. But there's always a first time...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast