Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US Air

Ditto what a few other posters said about TSA approved locks. If items are taken out of your bags, it narrows down potential suspects tremendously.

Thank you for letting me know about the locks. Didn't know that was an option. I'll look into getting some.

Have used US Airways nonstop from Boston since 2007. But, will be using them for the last time after Thanksgiving with a stopover in Charlotte because we have miles to use and they are discontinuing their nonstop after mid-May. Will be switching over to Jet Blue from now on because of their nonstop flights. Didn't have any complaints about US Air for the times that we used them, partly because we use carry-on's; so we never had to wait for luggage. In Dec. we noticed that the plane was starting to show it's age (ie. stains on seats, tray tables out of alignment, some windows showing condensation between panes, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by paulandnan View Post
    Have used US Airways nonstop from Boston since 2007. But, will be using them for the last time after Thanksgiving with a stopover in Charlotte because we have miles to use and they are discontinuing their nonstop after mid-May. Will be switching over to Jet Blue from now on because of their nonstop flights. Didn't have any complaints about US Air for the times that we used them, partly because we use carry-on's; so we never had to wait for luggage. In Dec. we noticed that the plane was starting to show it's age (ie. stains on seats, tray tables out of alignment, some windows showing condensation between panes, etc.)
    Condensation between panes ?? Why does that happen? Hope the plane wont fall apart on the flight !! YIKES !!! I am a nervous flyer. Im going to wear ear plugs and blinders or i am going to drive my hubs crazy with fear !! Nuttin like flying to Aruba on US Chitty Chitty Bang Bang !!

Quote Originally Posted by diviprincess View Post
    Condensation between panes ?? Why does that happen? Hope the plane wont fall apart on the flight !! YIKES !!! I am a nervous flyer. Im going to wear ear plugs and blinders or i am going to drive my hubs crazy with fear !! Nuttin like flying to Aruba on US Chitty Chitty Bang Bang !!
    Perhaps the best idea would be Valium instead of the ear plugs and blinders!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    lots of planes are showing age and wear and tear. it is unnerving to say the least.
    dear husband had an malfunctioning seatbelt on our flight TO aruba. took the flight attendant quite a while to get him a seat with a working seatbelt. it are those things...condensation, stains, broken seatbelts that make one question the airlines' abilities to maintain the basic repairs and maintenance on planes

Condensation between the inner cabin window and the outer window on the airframe is not a sign of a dangerous condition. It's simply the difference in temperature at altitude that causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Perhaps the best idea would be Valium instead of the ear plugs and blinders!
    Haahaa im calling my doctor right now Randi !!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lots of planes are showing age and wear and tear. it is unnerving to say the least.
    dear husband had an malfunctioning seatbelt on our flight TO aruba. took the flight attendant quite a while to get him a seat with a working seatbelt. it are those things...condensation, stains, broken seatbelts that make one question the airlines' abilities to maintain the basic repairs and maintenance on planes

Makes me wonder too Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Condensation between the inner cabin window and the outer window on the airframe is not a sign of a dangerous condition. It's simply the difference in temperature at altitude that causes it.
    Hey I feel smarter already Chadd Thanks !! Now next time I fly I will tell my family "I know why that condensation is there" heeheee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234