Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Us air

Angry Us air

Just went through speaking with numerous customer service agents at US AIR and they "just don't get it "!

One son had flight cancelled while he was on his way to the airport which resulted in him not being able to make the connection to Aruba. Customer service gave him a $175 voucher and rerouted him the next day.

However, my younger son was treated with rudeness and they won't do anything. Briefly, my son was on a first class, points ticket and his second of third leg of his trip was oversold. No one would voluntarily give up their seat so they had the first class people line up and my son was first in line. They were trying to find seats for a family of four who had no assigned seats. They were going to boot out first class people to accommodate an economy person, which is not proper procedure. When my son said that he had an assigned seat, the gate agent said in a taunting voice "not anymore" and ripped up his boarding pass. He spoke with the supervisor and the gate agent denied ripping his ticket and my son told the supervisor to look in the garbage. When the supervisor glanced over he saw the ripped paper and then attempted to help my son. DS then tried to speak with the gate agent who would not speak with him and when he said that he was a minor and had family picking him up, the gate agent asked how old he was and when he responded 17, she laughed in his face! Eventually and at the last moment prior to boarding they did get him on the flight.

Customer service apologized for the behaviour but said since he got on the flight that there was nothing they could do! I was shocked as I felt that as a gesture of goodwill and as an apology, he should receive some sort of compensation. She acknowledged that even though he was on a points ticket you don't pull someone from first class to give it to someone who was holding an economy seat. She also acknowledged that he was treated in a humiliating and disrespectful manner, US Air can only give compensation for missed flights.

We are now looking to book flights for next year on another airline, if possible. Their short sightedness may cost them good customers but I guess they don't care!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Arrow Though they will not get you any compensation

Could you perhaps file a complaint with the F.A.A.?

U.S. Department of Transportation- Aviation Consumer Protection Division

Filing a Complaint or Comment - Airline Service Complaints and Comments
    Please Click Here to access the Complaint Web form.

Lisa,
    Fantastic!!! I will actually go back to USAIR one more time and if not, I will definitely follow up with this. Hopefully, the fact that I am Canadian will not be a factor. Thank you so much.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Your country of residence should have no bearing at all on the complaint with the DOT.
    Last edited by Chadd; 01-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.

If you feel that this has happened before and you are not being given due consideration, your best bet may truly be to move on to another airline.

We have only two national chain supermarkets to shop at in our area. We had usually shopped at the store which offered lower pricing vs. the store which offered the best service and quality. The last straw, after some previous purchases of bad meats and produce, was some foul, no pun intended , chicken.

Dh contacted customer service and they apologized but would not refund his money. A couple of dollars big deal. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. We will now shop solely at their competitor.

Unfortunate situation. We have a 17 year old and are careful how he travels if he is not with my wife AND I (especially between countries). Even is he is with one of us, border control can give you a hassle. We always have a notorized letter with his specific travel plans.

I am always dismayed how companies mis-treat customers thinking it will be there "little secret" . . . have they not heard of the Internet, especially with the highest usage of social media, message boards, and tools like YouTube at everyone's disposal . . .

My experience, being in the customer experience business, is that you will often get the attitude from the front-line employee . . . but the apple doesn't fall far from the proverbial management tree.

The good news is your son made it on the flight . . . a challenging thing for a 17 year old to have to deal with. I hope the time in Aruba more than offset the inconvenience.

Michael

US Air and disgraceful behaviour

Randi, we too are Canadian. Approx 2 years ago, USAir did the same to us in Charlotte. They had a mess with overbooking and a late connecting flight. They shuffles us around like dominoes. All was finally solved. At the last minute they called us to th counter and ripped up our boarding passes for 1st class and told us to wait and they would try to accomodate us as standby. We had flown down to Charlote from Toronto on USAir at 6:60am to connect to the 11:00ish flight. We had booked and paid months in advance. That didn't matter. We got onwith real crappy seats (literally next to toilet seats) In Aruba they lost our bags. Note I said IN Aruba. We finally got them delivered to the hotel and the bags were wet and had holes in them as they had been dragged.

And what what there attitude....Think of the saying "Silence is Golden" I haven't used them much since then

Aquaman,
    When I spoke to a USAIR person they said that they never oversell the Charlotte to Toronto flight! They said that it gets oversold if ppl miss connections, etc but of course I don't believe them. We have had a lot of issues with USAIR but unfortunately, they have the cheapest flights to Aruba for us. We could go United but it is generally more expensive and not great connection times.

Michael, we too have him travel with a legal letter but ds is now 18 so we are done with that!! He is a pretty experienced traveler and has flown to Aruba on his own a few times but not having to make three flights. He was to stay in TO overnight with his brother and he didn't want to stay in Charlotte just to have to do two flights the next day to get home. Charlotte only travels once a day to where we live and its the flight home is at night so he would have had to go to TO the next day and then home. As that was the Sunday just before everyone went back to school many flights were already full.

I am going to email customer service back and tell them to take another look at my file or I will be making an FAA report. I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Aquaman,
    When I spoke to a USAIR person they said that they never oversell the Charlotte to Toronto flight!
    That is mostly true. The computer system has a hard cap on the total number of seats they can sell. Most of the time oversell situations are created by people missing earlier flights and not giving themselves time to make connections in less than perfect conditions.

That said, there is no excuse for the behavior of those customer service employees.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    The thing that is really getting to me is the RIPPING UP of his boarding pass. What kind of crap is that???? I have never heard of that! So awful! Do they think that will make his reservation like it never existed so they don't have to deal with it???

I have traveled alot and if that ever happened to me they'd be calling the airport police on me!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast