Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Air canceled 4:40 departure flight

US Air canceled 4:40 departure flight

Just got word today that US Air is doing away with the 4:40pm flight out of Aruba... they switched our flight to a 2:40pm flight... 2 less hours we get to enjoy Aruba... big sad face!

US Air is having a field day changing flights this week. Ours got changed, too!

When does the change take effect? Just today or permanently?
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

The flight wasn't canceled, it just changed times. It's actually a good thing for a lot of people as there weren't many options for connecting flights. It didn't take much of a delay to miss a connection and get stuck in Charlotte overnight.

I called US Air and she said that it was a cancellation of the 4:40pm flight for good... for now, unless demand warrants it being put back into the schedule. My trip is not until August and I got the change notification last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The flight wasn't canceled, it just changed times. It's actually a good thing for a lot of people as there weren't many options for connecting flights. It didn't take much of a delay to miss a connection and get stuck in Charlotte overnight.

Ok, I am confused. My kids would say "it doesn't take much to make me confused", but....

It appears we are talking about the second flight that leaves Aruba to Philadelphia? If so, Chadd what do you mean?

The 2:30pm flight is the one people usually take to make connections as we usually do but with the elimination of the 4:40pm flight there will be fewer seats available daily. I would assume that people who don't need connections then the later flight is a better option.

I also noticed that the 9:30am flight from Charlotte to Aruba is also gone?

I still have two more tickets to purchase for our December trip and I am afraid that this will increase the price tremendously as there are less flights. What do you think?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aren't there two flight on Saturday in December?

Yes it appears there are two daily flights on Saturday from Charlotte departing but they used to run during the week two as well but it looks like they cut the 9:30am flight.

As far as Philadelphia, Sunday Jan. 1st there is no longer the second Philly flight where I do believe there was one previously.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I keep reading about flights that we have reservations on (Feb 2012), being canceled. We're traveling on Tuesday (departure and return), and we're on the 4:40 flight (5:40 in Feb due to the time change). I checked USAir, and those flights are still showing that they're available next Feb.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

routes tend to change with peaks in travel, they will probably reinstate more flights in the winter months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast