Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Air canceled 4:40 departure flight

I feel for everyone whose plans are being disrupted due to these changes and cancellations, but I hope you're right, Cosmo, that flights will be reinstated during the peak travel times to Aruba. We'll just hang tight for now. Thanks.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Our neighbor flew out of philly on the 9:30 am flight to Aruba a couple of weeks ago. They said they didn't think there were 25 people on the plane. If that the case, airlines will cancel those flights for sure. It was U S Air.

Bookings are down to a lot of the islands right now. I think we're starting to see the impact of the high oil/gas prices on bookings.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the first person who can figure out the rhyme or reason to airline pricing should get a pulitzer. if you look in the morning, its one price, three hours later its higher, four hours later its lower, two days later its three times the price, 12 hours later its half the price. i swear they hire someone who has a little wheel who spins it and wherever it lands at the time is what the price becomes. that's why its always good to check online throughout the day because depending on the time of day, that little man with the wheel is spinning that sucker and you never know. LOL --well, i should say that's how continental does it. but from reading the airline posts, continental still has the best prices. and they do have one other thing going, they have tons of non-stop flights. of course we are lucky we are from an area that has so many choices, too.

Sorry i should have been more clear this was the 4:40pm flight to Charlotte... ours is on a Tuesday in September. When I spoke with the US Air rep yesterday she said there would be no more 4:40pm flight out of Aruba to Charlotte until demand makes it necessary which could happen but it is unlikely...

the change must have happened suddenly because the super nice rep was confused and had to go verify that the flight had indeed been taken off the schedule.

I am wondering if this affects weekday flights or all flights. We are schedule to fly home on that 4:40 AUA to Charlotte flight the first Saturday in June. I just checked online and "so far" our flights are the same. Hopefully it will stick otherwise we'll end up with a 4 hour layover in Charlotte.

Get me back to Aruba!

Looks like 8/28 is the first day that the flight moves up two hours.

Thanks Chadd ....
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12