Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Air Changes

Buffam's Tropical Haven, Eagle Beach, Tulip, Salt & Pepper

US Air Changes

Grrrrr.....I just love how we at the mercy of whatever the airlines decide to do! Sorry, just venting some frustration, as I just now got notified of our flights being changed drasticly. Apparently US Air canceled all their Tues. flights in Feb.? We are supposed to be flying Feb. 5 and Feb. 19, but now be changed to the day earlier. I don't mind getting to Aruba a day earlier, but what a frustration now trying to change our reservations with our B&B and with Bully, as well.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    insist on a full refund and fly a different airline

That does stink, airlines should give u some type to comp for that! That would soften the blow

they cancel our flight back home 02/26/13 but re-booked for same flight 02/27/13.it is sucks but they do not care

I understand the airlines need to stay solvent, so they may have to make a change but they should offer some sort of comp. I assume u called customer service to complain? Did u bump the call up to the manager? Maybe try a letter to the CEO?

Any airline schedule more than 90 days in advance should be considered tentative. It looks like they're adding more flights for March and April when they publish the next update on Friday.

usually if you do not agree with the flight change you can cancel and get a full refund...call and ask, it can't hurt...we had our flights for november changed but it was only a time change on the same day. I had to agree or else call them and cancel.....I fly usair almost exclusively and they are usually pretty accomodating....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Buffam's Tropical Haven, Eagle Beach, Tulip, Salt & Pepper
    Yes, I did have the option to decline the change, but the price was so good that I didn't feel that I would be able to book again at anything close to that price. So....going with the flow. I get to go a day earlier than originally planned, and usually this would really interfer with my work schedule, but it just so happens that this trip is to celebrate my retirement, so......have a little more flexibility than usual.... And....fortunately I was able to get my room a day earlier and Bully was available for the change as well.
    Thanks for letting me vent at the point of high frustration!

our price was also so low i wouldn't,.t want to lose it .i guess they also know it

well now, see you get an extra day in paradise to enjoy your RETIREMENT......CONGRATS on that btw.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast