Aruba Beach

Thread: US Air From Philly; Check-In Time?

US Air From Philly; Check-In Time?

We'll be going again this NOV. on a Saturday morning direct flight from Philly on US Air. And we'll have a 6 mo and a 2 yo with us; what is the avg Check-In Time in Philly?
    Some concern that there is a huge delay due to passenger volume for the 0730 flight; as compared to our past JFK Saturday morn flight with a relatively short check-in time, considering the new terminal but with a large passenger volume. Took only 20 mins or less to check-in and pass thru security last NOV and almost same time in past years.

Time period will help us determine whether to leave from home @ 0330 hours that morning or stay @ PHL airport motel the night before. Travel time to PHL from home is 1.5 hrs.
    Be well y'all!

Not familiar with PHL, but some considerations:
    http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/checkin/webcheckin/webcheckfaq.aspx#1

If the infant is sitting on someone's lap, a consideration in time to check in:
    Who can't use Web Check-in?
    http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/checkin/webcheckin/webcheckfaq.aspx#2

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/checkin/airportcheckin/airportcheckintimes.aspx
    "US Airways closes passenger and baggage check-in 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic travel and 60 minutes prior to departure for international travel."
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-12-2009 at 06:14 PM.

We have flown this way and I don't like to be stressed out while waiting to get through security, etc. It is very busy in the morning because there are usually a number of flights leaving around the same time. Doing the web check-in is very helpful. I find that if you get there a little earlier you don't have to stand in line at the check in as long. By 6:30am, it is PACKED!! Then you need to go through security which is in a small area with not so many agents and that line IS LONG! Once I get through security I go for coffee and relax a little. They do not serve food on the flight so since you are travelling with little ones, go and get some food for them. It can be a long flight for the kids!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Give yourself 90 minutes from the time you hit the door until you board and you should be fine. That flight usually departs from the newer, A west terminal, I haven't gone through that security checkpoint so I can't offer more than that.

Thanks all! Appreciate the info.

We became spoiled by JetBlue/JFK; over last few years, it took about 20 mins from hitting the door to getting in line for coffee at JFK.

The last time we used US Air from PHL, well, it took us about one hour to get just through sec. mainly because of the amount of metal in my body and the "relaxed attitude" of the entire group there.

Any more comments are most welcome.
    Be well y'all!

Take Sat flight in November also. US Air counter opens at 5 AM. Usually a line of 15 to 20 by that time. TSA opens around 5:30. Also a line there but moves pretty quick. Last November had 2 lines. Once through security plenty of space to relax and get something to eat or drink and drinks for plane. I always arrive early, but don't think I would chance arriving after 5:30. The flight usually leaves on time, sometimes early if everyone on board.

Update; We decided to save a heckuva of a lotta $$$$ & take JB out of JFK again.