Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Us airways

Us airways

I just received a email from us airways changing our flight time and seat location. I originally had 2 seats together now we are in different rows??? They are now trying to relocate seats together but it doesn't look good. Is this normal? I have never had this issue.

Aruba since 1979
    call them and speak to a real person.
    hold fast and be firm re: your seating request(s)
    if you have children traveling with you they will do their best to accomodate.

since USAIR made the changes to your itinerary, you do have the option of cancelling and getting a full refund (no penalties).
    look online to see if there are equal or better choices AND seating together with another airline.
    but, at this late day……1 month from travel i am sure that you will be hard pressed to find a suitable replacement that is in a decent price range.

They now have us in same row, seat d and f. I will have to bribe seat e to exchange. Thanks for advice, there were no other options or flights. The good thing is going in a month

Aruba since 1979
    IMO keep the D and F. The middle seat is horrible.

I just flew from the west coast to the east coast in a middle seat (thanks US Air!). I would have paid good money to either the aisle or the window person to change. You can probably keep your money and auction off the seat you want to change.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    IMO keep the D and F. The middle seat is horrible.
    I always get stuck in the middle seat, so that my very tall hubby can sit on the aisle. I told him next time, I'm booking two aisle seats across from each other. I'm tired of being squeezed in the middle.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    This happened to us last year the entire flight time changed (1 1l2 hr difference) along with our "choice seats" which we paid extra for. NO email I Just happened to check it out and found it. They did end up helping me but it was a bit nerve wrecking. I now check my seats at least once a month and hope nothing changes. I also joined dividend miles and signed up for email alerts if something changes so time will tell. I too always get the dreaded middle seat and it is no fun! I told my husband this year 1 hr before we land in Aruba I'm taking over the window seat as that is the best part of the trip seeing paradise get closer and closer

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have had this happen a couple of times on American. No notification. Went in to check and found our seats changed and not sitting together. Called and spoke with a person. They said that when the air craft times change, sometimes flight numbers change as well and the computer just repicks seats. What gets me is they ALWAYS move us to the very back of the plane. Got it fixed both times but did not get our original seats back. Heres the kicker, I said we wanted the seats back that we booked 3 months earlier and she says sorry, you cant have them, other people have booked them. We cant move those people from their seats, they have a reservation. I said what did I have? No answer. I check my seat assignments every week to make sure they havnt changed.

We just flew down on the 22nd on us air. Same thing they had changed everyone's seats. They had families with children separated, it was like musical chairs before we left, everyone changing seats on their own to be able to sit together.

As Arubabob said the only work around is to check your flight status on a frequent basis. I know not our jobs(?).

If you have a frequent flier account with Delta, you can put your seat preference right into your profile to help on a random seat assignment.

The best work around I know of to avoid the dreaded middle seat is to pay for the better seat location. Most airlines will also give you a bit of extra room for the expense.

When you think why someone would someone pay to have an aisle seat, a lot has to do with no one wanting the middle seat Supply and demand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast