Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Airways Specials??

US Airways Specials??

I intend to buyi5 US Airways tickets from DC/Baltimore or Phiilly to Aruba asap for travel in january. Does anyone know of any possible upcoming sales and/or know of the best place to buy them? I understand Orbitz and Yapta will refund your $$ if prices drop but US Airways won't unless there is more than $150 difference. That is crappy customer service if you ask me.

Thanks.

I purchased 6 tickets US Air from Syracuse to Aruba stopping in Charlotte for $338 round trip, keep checking air lines we tracked a few of the air lines and US Air was the cheapest.

USAir is getting worse and worse everyday....!! Now they have removed all movies from flights except to Hawaii or transatlantic....
    I live in the Pittsburgh area and have tried to be loyal, but that doesn't even mean anything to them anymore !!!
    Besides my rambling about USAir, those tickets were a reasonable price...don't think you can get them much cheaper !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I think that US Air charges extra for luggage, even to Aruba. If anyone knows for sure, please post.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    If anyone knows for sure, please post.
    http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/baggage/baggagepolicies.aspx
    International Baggage Allowances

• First bag- $15 & second bag $25, each way
    • Cannot exceed a weight of 50 pounds & dimensions of 62 inches, in overall length, width & height
    • Each bag greater than 62 in/157 cm will be subject to a fee. Total dimensions for checked bags, including special items such as surfboards, bicycles, scuba equipment, etc. may not exceed 80 in/203 cm (length + width + height).
    Carry On Baggage

• Does not exceed maximum combined linear measurement (L + W + H) of the carry-on bag is 45 linear inches
    • One carry on bag plus one personal item:
      • Allowable Personal Item in Addition to One Carry-On:
        One purse, briefcase, laptop, small backpack, camera bags, small daypacks, infant bags, diaper bag or camera case- maximum overall dimensions 36 inches
    Additional International Restrictions:

Charges will apply for:
    • Extra Pieces: Over your two checked pieces
    • Oversize: Over 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height)
    • Overweight: Over 50 lbs (32 kg) and not exceeding 100 lbs (45 kg)

are you saying that you have to pay $15 for one piece of checked luggage??? They don't allow you to bring even one piece of luggage with your ticket price?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    are you saying that you have to pay $15 for one piece of checked luggage??? They don't allow you to bring even one piece of luggage with your ticket price?
    Correct.

"International Baggage Allowances
    • First bag- $15 & second bag $25, each way"

all I can say is !
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Yes, it is Randi. But look at it this way. "Syracuse to Aruba stopping in Charlotte for $338 round trip" plus $30 roundtrip for one suitcase is $368.

Delta as of this minute, is not charging for luggage on international flights, HOWEVER, a much shorter flight, off season, from "only" Atlanta, a much shorter distance, we paid $615 round trip. I would rather be paying the $15 per suitcase each way if I could get the MUCH cheaper fare.

don't get me started on the price you pay for your airline tickets!! I live in Canada and to fly from Ottawa to Philadelphia (one hour flight) it can cost $355 one way but the second half of our flight Philadelphia to Aruba is either $186 or $288 (5 hours). Please explain that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast