Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Customs and Border Patrol in Aruba

Smile US Customs and Border Patrol in Aruba

Well me and Alice just returned from our 7th trip to Aruba in the last 2 years and I have to hand it to the men and women at the US Customs station at Aruba Airport..they have done a 180 degree turn around in the last 2 years...we used to have to wait over 1 hour in previous years....recently only 10 minutes, even on a Saturday!

Their new Disney world bank lines and number calling system is top notch.. I spoke to the Kernal in charge of the operation (real good guy - though he is a Yankees fan) and he really keeps the line moving. KUDOS to a job well done! I only wish the Aruba officials would catch on to the techniques.
    Last edited by ArubaBurn; 04-05-2011 at 01:07 AM.

PS...40 days until my return!

Aruba since 1979
    glad you are happy with the us customs set up.
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Can someone explain how the "New Disney World Bank Lines and number calling system" works. Sounds interesting.

I never saw this Disney world bank line when we left???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    the final inspection/turn in customs declaration.............us customs back in august 2010 reconfigured the lines. it is now one weaving line thru, like a bank teller line.
    when you get to the front and it is "your turn" the us customs agent either lights a light or makes some kind of a motion to summon you to the correct agent.

this was implemented last summer 2010.
    i never associated it with a disney set up.......i associate it as a really long bank teller line ;-)

there were NO numbers called. there are no numbers absolutely not like waiting at the deli counter in the grocery store.

ok, get it now. Yes, that is how it was working and working well too. Also, never thought it in terms of Disney line...guess I haven't been to Disney enough!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We were at the airport yesterday at 1pm - at the gate at 1:30pm! Traveling on a Monday makes a huge difference I've heard but this was fast even for a Monday. No lines at Jet Blue, no lines at either customs. I was a little nervous as I had only planned on two hours at the airport as we always travel on Monday and have never had a problem. However, Jet Blue made an annoucement before we got off the plane to make sure we were at the airport 3 hours before our departure time - hmmmm. But I stuck with the original plan and it was perfect.

Thanks, very much, Andrea. I knew that I could count on you for an answer. Also, thanks to the others for their comments comments. Now, I know my answer.

Enjoy the Spring...not quite here...morning 39F...dropped from 80F yesterday; with a promise of MORE showers and even cooler temperatures over the weekend. Odd, with all the Cherry Blossoms, and other blossoms all over the place.

Ed

I returned from Aruba yesterday afternoon and have to agree that the lines and wait thru customs was minimal. It really helps to reduce the stress. Logan/Boston was also quite well organized when we headed out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast