Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Customs Closing Time

US Customs Closing Time

So we just returned from our Honeymoon, and thank you to everyone for all the great advice and help. We had an amazing time and loved the island.

Just to warn newbies like myself - when we were leaving we had a 5:30 flight on a Sat, and arrived at the airport at 3:30. We were not aware though that US Customs closed promptly at 4:30 on Saturdays, and if you were not through by that time you could not board your flight. Obviously not a concern for us, as we were early enough, but be warned not too be late for a 5:30 flight!

Tom

Glad to see you had a great time on a great island for your Honeymoon. When is your next trip, we all know you'll be back right?

Aruba since 1979
    I changed the title of this from US Customs Closes to Closing time
    andrea

that is interesting...we have been flying home on the same 530 flight sundays for the past 5-6 years and never knew that ...although we go home on sunday rather than saturday I would assume the situation would be similar since it is the weekend...however, why would they close knowing the last few flights leave at a later hour ?????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

My flight home in April was delayed six or seven hours going home and didn't leave until 8 or 9. Unfortunately, we were unable to even return to the duty free area as customs had closed for the day. The worst part is I actually got there a little early and ended up spending 9 or 10 hours at the airport.

Thank you. Good to know. My flight leaves at 2:30 onDec 5th, a saturday to come home to Philadelphia, so I should have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    My flight home in April was delayed six or seven hours going home and didn't leave until 8 or 9. Unfortunately, we were unable to even return to the duty free area as customs had closed for the day. The worst part is I actually got there a little early and ended up spending 9 or 10 hours at the airport.
    How did you eventually get out?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thank you so much for being so concerned about fellow travelers. Of course, it would be an awful experience for not only newbies to Aruba, but also to many of us that try to travel there often.

Ed

also be aware that when flying back on a Sat. or Sun. you should be at the airport early (about 2.5 hours before your flight). It gets very very busy not only in Customs but also going thru Immigration after you Check-in. Sometimes a long line will await you there, and since Immigration is done outdoors, it can get very hot, specially if you're traveling with children.

Aruba since 1979
    the airlines all recommend getting to the airport 3 hrs prior to flight time due to the crowds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast