Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Customs Closing Time

I guess we were somewhat lucky then, when we arrived there was no line up for tickets or customs. We must have been the only flight still left to leave that day judging by how few people there were.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    I guess we were somewhat lucky then, when we arrived there was no line up for tickets or customs. We must have been the only flight still left to leave that day judging by how few people there were.
    You were lucky....although we have always made sure to be at the airport 2 21/2 hours ahead of time and although we have had to wait in the line once back through Aruba Customs we have never really had a concern about missing our flight...
    Will let you know how everything goes on the way back this year...unless of course I can find a way to stay !!!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

A better argument for arriving at the airport 3 hours prior to departure

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f33/u-s-customs-short-staffed-aruban-airport-42000/#post155615

As you know we do not do daylight savings here so when the time changes in the states Customs changes there operating hours. Nov 1 the states set there clocks back so now US Customs is open till 6pm, but keep in mind what others have said, get there early and on Sat. its wicked busy. Fri and Sun are busy but not as bad as Sat. I always try to fly durning week days when going to the states, its smoother and less people.
    Last edited by islandj; 11-03-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12