Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Customs questions

i think Helmut is confusing customs, security and imigration which can be even more confusing when the airport you are leaving from has US C+I to preclear you to the states. My advise is only to not underestimate US customs officers ability to possibly ruin your purchase of undeclared items (or drugs for that matter) when coming home from anywhere. One of my closest friends is C+I and its pretty amazing what they find.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Helmut, Declared both. Watch $6000, many rings $ 2000+
    I paid WHAT for that watch???
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox82 View Post
    i think Helmut is confusing customs, security and imigration which can be even more confusing when the airport you are leaving from has US C+I to preclear you to the states. My advise is only to not underestimate US customs officers ability to possibly ruin your purchase of undeclared items (or drugs for that matter) when coming home from anywhere. One of my closest friends is C+I and its pretty amazing what they find.
    Thank you for that info.

i think Helmut is confusing customs, security and imigration which can be even more confusing when the airport you are leaving from has US C+I to preclear you to the states.
    Exactly

Aruba since 1979
    we are admitting to sneaking stuff thru customs?

telling each other our sins?

well, maybe i did once or twice........ or not.

andrea
    with my $60 Fossil watch that i got mothers day 2001 at little switzerland that is just as good as day one............some day a rolex

My first question is it really less expensive to buy jewelry in Aruba?I looked at a few stores and didn't seem to find any great bargains.Spending $8000 on jewelry in Aruba ,I hope you got a great deal on you pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we are admitting to sneaking stuff thru customs?

telling each other our sins?

Not us..... not worth it.

By the way....when entering Aruba this year and carrying a bag of duty free liquor, the Aruban customs person asked if we had anything to declare. I replied "what would we declare?". He said alcohol. Well....I was holding a bag with it so I said "sure....four liters, here it is!". He said....travelling alone?....my reply "nope, party of four" and pointed to Cindy, Kate and Jen.

That was it.....no duty and we were on our way!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    My first question is it really less expensive to buy jewelry in Aruba?I looked at a few stores and didn't seem to find any great bargains.Spending $8000 on jewelry in Aruba ,I hope you got a great deal on you pieces.
    We got pretty good deals on loose emeralds while we were there and my wife has picked up some tasteful stuff at gem stones international for roughly half to two-thirds the marked price.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post

Dannyo, the art of buying jewelry is to negotiate there, 33% of the ticket price is about all you should pay. Walk away if you don't like the price.
    We feel good in stores such as KAYS and feel the value of their products is excellent. Others, not so sure....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123