Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Customs when leaving Aruba

This year when we arrived in Aruba, I wouldn't look at the people waiting for their planes to come and take them out of Aruba-didn't want to rub it in When we left Aruba, I wouldn't look at the people arriving in Aruba because I didn't want to cry like a baby.
    I sure miss Aruba and it's wonderful people.
    Pat

That happens everytime...when we arrive all smiles and happy can't wait to get outside to see bully....and we know our week is starting...then I stop and think S..t next week that will be me sitting, there staring up and looking at all those smiling faces, and I will not be smiling..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    recap....
    going thru the "obstacles" at the aruba airport.
    1. ticketing/boarding pass airline gates check luggage
    2. aruba immigration man to check your boarding pass/passport
    3. more aruba immigration checking your boarding pass/passport, taking the small portion of your immigration card that you kept when arriving.
    4. security 1....xray carry ons....shoes off...small 3 oz size bottles in quart sized zip lock bags
    now time for some duty free shopping and eating in between security 1 and us customs
    5. pick up your luggage in the big room just outside us customs
    6. us customs with ALL of your luggage...have passports and customs form ready for the us customs officer
    7. drop off your luggage at appropriate airline conveyor
    8. go thru security 2 AGAIN....same deal applies, shoes off, stuff on conveyor for xray...
    9. go up escalator....collapse from exhaustion or go grab a cold beverage and begin your "aruba story" or go to the slot machines and win before you get onboard your flight home.

Perect, that is exactly how it went...

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Yeah that's torture sitting there watching people arrive when we're leaving. I almost feel guilty walking past the people when we arrive. I said almost. LOL

Aruba since 1979
    when we arrive we try never to make eye contact with those sitting in the crying room.
    when we are departing and sitting there in the crying room, i am silently cursing each and everyone of them that are arriving. ;-)

Great to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts on the arriving and leaving part of Aruba!!

I so loved going through customers & such on Aruba ~ as we land in Atlanta - before we board ANOTHER flight to SFO. Customs in Atlanta is HORRIFIC - so I am glad it is done & we can just go to the next gate.

The recap above is perfect!! I bought cheese on our last trip & it smelled great all the way home!!
    Last edited by wildewoman; 07-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Under my chickie at the aruba beach club along with my husband and my favorite drink
    Just left yesterday and your exact! We had a 7:50 am departure on American to Miami. To my amazment the AA counter was open at 5:15 am when we arrived at the airport. Business class passengers have priorty when at the ticket counter. But that is it, besides boarding. We still had to stand outside waiting for the Aruba immigration to check our boarding pass and passport. Of course no one is there until around 6 am. That part of the airport is under construction and we were rerouted, but still the same routine. Looks as if they are trying to enclose that area, so it will all be enclosed? Had a wonderful trip....I hated to come home But the best part is, my new countdown has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    recap....
    going thru the "obstacles" at the aruba airport.
    1. ticketing/boarding pass airline gates check luggage
    2. aruba immigration man to check your boarding pass/passport
    3. more aruba immigration checking your boarding pass/passport, taking the small portion of your immigration card that you kept when arriving.
    4. security 1....xray carry ons....shoes off...small 3 oz size bottles in quart sized zip lock bags
    now time for some duty free shopping and eating in between security 1 and us customs
    5. pick up your luggage in the big room just outside us customs
    6. us customs with ALL of your luggage...have passports and customs form ready for the us customs officer
    7. drop off your luggage at appropriate airline conveyor
    8. go thru security 2 AGAIN....same deal applies, shoes off, stuff on conveyor for xray...
    9. go up escalator....collapse from exhaustion or go grab a cold beverage and begin your "aruba story" or go to the slot machines and win before you get onboard your flight home.

US Customs when leaving Aruba

I had a brief conversation with one of the US Customs officers on my way out last week and she asked me to relay some information to my company. Since the information could help people here, I might as well post it here as well.

Some airlines suggest bringing your own food when leaving Aruba as they don't have the ability to restock catering on the island. If you do buy food please remember that you can not bring any meat products through US Customs. This includes things like subway subs, pizza toppings or other similar products. While you may be planning on consuming the food before you reach the continental US, it doesn't matter to them and they will have to take it from you.

If you want to buy food to bring on the airplane, it must be after you clear US customs.

When we left Aruba on Oct 12, after we cleared customs, there was a couple sitting on the bench in view of the customs agents eating sandwiches. They told us that the agent told them to either eat it there or they would take it from them, so they gobbled it down before continuing on.

We always take only packaged snacks in our carryon to munch on and buy a Nathan's hot dog in the gate area before boarding.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast