Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: USAir Mastecard and miles questions

We have American airlines cards and hadnt considered the Us Air option and merging points. Its something to think about for sure. We each have our own. We are using some of the bonus miles for the upcoming trip. We wanted to travel on the weekend so we only have enough for one way. It worked outbecause we had some credit vouchers from another airline. Something to consider, we decided to keep at least one of the American cards open even with the fee because the checked bag fee gets waived, so the annual fee pays for its self and they are always sending us balance transfer special offers for 0%. We havent needed it but you never know When you might.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 01-31-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

You should go onto the airline sites and check Aruba flight point requirements before you invest in a card.

we've traveled free with: Jet Blue, American, US Airways and, soon, Southwest.

also have spent 9 nights free in London, one in Paris and have two weeks booked in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Poland this summer, all FREE, with our Marriott Rewards Visa card. Two daughters college and graduate school tuitions paid with Visa will let you do that.

PS.....always pay off in full at end of month....never pay their interest.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaMike View Post

Wish me Luck!!
    Good Luck. You've done your homework, you'll be fine.

BTW....I opened credit cards for the four of us multiple times. My older daughter once texted me from a restaurant after having gotten a credit card approval e-mail: "Dad, have you been applying for credit cards for me again?" . Yes, honey. Don't worry, you've getting a great credit rating
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks Mike for all your research and information it is very helpful. I also read thru and did not think our first bag would be free. I am hoping to use my miles next year, fingers crossed may go to Aruba twice next year (2016) and the first trip I would book using the calendar and can be flexible. I did use my card to book my flight this year and paid it off in full as soon as I saw it posted, I do not even wait to get statement for my cards (weird I know but I pay on line so just do it when I see a balance). Thanks Rob also for your useful info and everyone else as well. Good Luck Mike booking. I just love this forum and all the tips and tricks you learn from everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12