Aruba Beach

Thread: USAirways...

USAirways...

Anyone ever missed a connection at Charlotte, for the flight to Aruba..? I just want to know what happens if this occurs. We have a 1hr connection time, as we are flying from Buffalo (one doesn't know with the weather).

I've heard both nice & bad things about USAirways..

5 weeks to go...!!

US Airways - Charlotte

Not a problem with 1 hour connection time in Charlotte. US Airways gates are usually right near each other (same terminal). At least that's the way that it has been for the last 7 years flying Richmond to Charlotte to Aruba. We have a 45 minute layover time ---- usually enough time to buy lunch to take on the plane with us.

If you are still concerned, check out the flight # on the US Airways website and track it to see which gate it usually lands in Charlotte. Then check to see which gate the connecting flight usually flies out of. You probably will not have an issue.

Thanks ladydb, that's what I needed to hear...

One hour should be fine. You can go end to end in that airport in 30 minutes or so. If you put your two flight numbers in to the US airways website, you can see what gates they are using for those flight numbers today. The last couple times I flew via Charlotte the flight to Aruba departed from the D terminal.

I'm guessing that you are connecting to the 11:30 (ish) flight? There are times that they run two flights a day, one around 9:30 and one at 11:30 or so.

fly usair all the time and have never had a problem missing my flight.....you will be fine !!!
    BTW...have fun!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We fly through Charlotte on US Air every time. The 1 hour layover will be plenty of time to make your connection. Have fun and take this off of your worry list.

Mikey,
    From Buffalo as well and have flown through Charlotte many times without a problem. The last few years we have booked with Jetblue and went through JFK with no concerns. We leave for three weeks on Wednesday and always stay at the Tamarijn. Perhaps we'll meet up some day ! You'll be fine, it's the destination that makes the wait worth it. Have a great vacation !

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    One hour should be fine. You can go end to end in that airport in 30 minutes or so. If you put your two flight numbers in to the US airways website, you can see what gates they are using for those flight numbers today. The last couple times I flew via Charlotte the flight to Aruba departed from the D terminal.

I'm guessing that you are connecting to the 11:30 (ish) flight? There are times that they run two flights a day, one around 9:30 and one at 11:30 or so.
    Arriving from Buffalo 8:30am, on that 9:30am flight. Comforting though, that there is a second flight that day..