Aruba Beach

Thread: visa

Banned

visa

I was just told by an international US Air rep that I would need a visa to be allowed on a flight to Aruba for more than 30 days even if I own property. Can someone please advise of this?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i think that's true of anywhere if you stay more than a certain amount of days if you're not a citizen regardless if you own property or not with the exception, of course of this country where you can do anything you want whether you're a citizen or not.

Send a PM or email to forum member http://www.aruba.com/forum/members/eagle-beach-boy/

He dealt with this exact t same thing and had a resolution but I do not off the top of my head recall what it was.

Let us know how you make out.

There are some other details as well at
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Entry_Req-Eng.pdf
    It certainly sounds like you can just apply for the extension upon arrival at the airport, but I too would want complete verification of this from more than one source.

"...The maximum period of time that a person can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is in principle 30 days. The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year.

Extension of stay upon entry
    Upon entry in Aruba, the following persons can apply for an extension of their stay for more than 30 days but not exceeding 180 days:..."

Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-03-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    will it be "different" because EBB is a canadian citizen?

how about contacting mark68 or cheryl or sugar or tom and stanley all from the USA all stay on aruba for extended periods of time

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    will it be "different" because EBB is a canadian citizen?
    I thought about that but am pretty sure he flies from the northern U.S. because it is no much cheaper?

I think you will find according the the DIMAS information that some countries (USA, Canada, UK) are exempt from requiring a visa to enter. We travel to Aruba for more than 30 days per trip atleast once per year and have not had an issue. We clearly state on our entry card how long we are staying. We do own a home but I don't think for less than say a 90 day extended stay that matters. There is a new rule I think that says if you own property you can stay up to 180 days per year without having to apply for residency.

Someone else might have more knowledgeable information than I do. But as this is our experience.

As usual each time I read any government document I get more confused.....but it does say that if a tourist wants to stay longer than the approved time on their entry card they have to apply for the extension. So as we have theorized in the past once the officer at the airport stamps you in with your entry card stating you are staying longer than 30 days that seems to be your "approval" to stay. We have never been asked for our proof of house ownership or proof of travel medical insurance but we do carry it just in case.

You can stay on the island for up to 180 days in a calender year if you own or do not own property on the island. Unless you are a legal resident most airlines require a round trip ticket and no one way tickets. Not sure why US air has a restriction because anyone can book travel for more than a month owning or not owning property.