Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Waiting to book does not always work

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach
    Something to know about the credits with JB....the credit must be used 1 year from the date they gave you the credit not the departure date...

Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    Correct JB looks at the departing and returning flights separately. From my recent trip this April I have almost 700$ in JB credits to use on next years flight. You must book directly with them and make sure you check daily at the fares its worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marea View Post
    Love JB. I always book the first day the flights open for my timeframe. I then register the flight on Yapta.com. I get weekly updates on the price of my flight. When it goes down any amount, I call JB and get the credit with JB. Last year it went down 3 times, this year just once but it was a substantial amount. You can use Yapta for all airlines but they all have different policies. JB has the best and we fly with them each year so it really works for us.

Since you always get a credit, wouldn't it be better financially if you waited and watched until the fares went down then booked? that way the money is in your pocket rather than JB's and you don't have to worry about booking within a year or if JB folds.

I have bought on the first day in the past based on the JB statement that opening day fares are the lowest. (load of crap). Now I wait for the fares to drop then I book. This past trip, I got the lowest fare on Thanksgiving day for a 1/27/13 departure.
    Last edited by AndyM; 04-23-2013 at 09:31 PM.

the thing is the fares fluctuate so much that its hard to tell. I booked last November for our trip last week in April and the fare went up and down up and down every week until 3 weeks before we left then it finally stayed the same.
    I do understand what you are saying though because having the money in the jet blue account forces you to have to go on another trip within a year, DARN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    the thing is the fares fluctuate so much that its hard to tell...

You have to be committed to checking the site at least once day. It takes less than a minute.

If you put your fare on Yapta.com you do not have to check daily. Yapta alerts you via email when the fare changes, up or down.

I've tried some of those services and they don't necessarily turn around quickly. I've noticed a fare change and didn't get a notice until the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by tavilas View Post
    So if you are finding high prices on same airline start shopping for one way fares, it saved us some $$$...
    Last year we shopped for one way flights. we also looked at diversions.

We found it was 300.00 cheaper to fly from Aruba into Orlando- spend the weekend at Disney. Got a 40% pin and stayed at Contemporary - then flew home from there. so for the 300 savings I had an amazing surprise trip to disney for the weekend when we got home

I am glad I booked 3.5 months in advance. My current 7 day package is $1000 more than I paid for, with my favorite resort AManor not even an option on JetBlue getaways. Waiting does not always pay.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I've tried some of those services and they don't necessarily turn around quickly. I've noticed a fare change and didn't get a notice until the next day.
    I've had the same experience. I have found over the years that I'm quicker at checking than the online services so I don't rely on them anymore and just use my own services.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was up so early this morning, checked the flights and for 7 seconds it dropped from $592 to $468. I immediately booked, dealt with one pass for upgrade, got it. An hour later I check the flights, back up to $592. I swear if I was 10 minutes later, I would have missed the drop. I think they drop it at an ungodly hour figuring most people are not up yet. They don't know me, lol.. Anyway, we are all set to go, flight==car==house....YEAH!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast