Aruba Beach

Thread: Are walking sticks allowed on planes?

Are walking sticks allowed on planes?

Are walking sticks allowed on planes?

Do a google search for

INSERT YOUR AIRLINE NAME baggage policies

For Delta
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ryon/index.jsp

Banned
    I'm still trying to find out if I can bring my new specialty dust mop aboard in a blue print cyliner. It's has a 16ft. long handle that can be reduced to 5ft. If anyone has brought anything aboard like this, please advise....Chadd???

I can't imagine it would get past the TSA or meet baggage guidelines, but I've seen some really odd things make it onto the airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I'm still trying to find out if I can bring my new specialty dust mop aboard in a blue print cyliner. It's has a 16ft. long handle that can be reduced to 5ft. If anyone has brought anything aboard like this, please advise....Chadd???
    If it comes in its own cylinder, perhaps you could just take it along as checked luggage.

Airlines allow all kinds of sports equipment some of which is longer than 5 ft.

My husband is able to take his cane on the plane and has never had any trouble.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    If it comes in its own cylinder, perhaps you could just take it along as checked luggage.

Most of that has to be checked though, not allowed in the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Most of that has to be checked though, not allowed in the cabin.
    Exactly what I meant, take it as checked luggage and NOT a carry on item.

I would call your specific airline though. For example, Delta permits a fishing pole up to 10 feet long , javelin or vaulting pols 6.6 feet long and similar length for a ski/pole bag or snowboard bag.

Banned
    I just found on the tsa.gov website a spot on the homepage to type in the item you want to carry on. It will email you back w/an answer. The answer to my dust mop question was, as usual, vague. It stated..."your item is not on our unapproved list, however, it will be up to securities discretion".

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I just found on the tsa.gov website a spot on the homepage to type in the item you want to carry on. It will email you back w/an answer. The answer to my dust mop question was, as usual, vague. It stated..."your item is not on our unapproved list, however, it will be up to securities discretion".
    Which translates into throwing it away, or at best, taking it the ticket counter and asking someone not accompanying you to pick the item up from the airport.

Been there, done that with a snow globe. But in defense of TSA, it was our own stupidity.