Aruba Beach

Thread: Watch your flights carefully!!!!!

Watch your flights carefully!!!!!

Just a pre-warning for folks....
    I fly quite a bit and there are all kinds of connection cancellations starting to occur. A lot of flights are being cancelled rather than re-routed if you fly a connection before heading to Aruba!!

I've been watching it happen at JetBlue, United, USAir, Continental and others. I've already had to rebook different flights for Aruba trips in September 08 and May 09.....

Just trying to help folks be aware.... Good Luck!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Well, I fly quite a bit also and I will not be a happy camper if my trip to Aruba is delayed or changed. I don't care about work delays, but vacation is a whole different ballgame !!! I will have to check.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

okay, so I worried and just checked my itinerary on USAir and it said there was a schedule change and I freaked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,called them only for them to tell me the arrival time on our return flight was 1 minute earlier than before..........now I need a drink coz my adrenaline level is over the top !!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Non stop to aruba for us from Boston..will not do a stop over. Very bad experience in San Juan when we missed a connection....We learned our lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Non stop to aruba for us from Boston..will not do a stop over. Very bad experience in San Juan when we missed a connection....We learned our lesson.

Back-up plan.....did MSN Map search....

Driving directions from our home to Punto Fijo, Falcon, Venezuela from where we hire a boat......99 hours driving time, 5,194 miles. Aruba here we come!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

rob-o,
    I like your enthusiasum !!!! My husbands cousin refuses to fly and I've jokingly said we can drive the whole way to Venezuela and then take a boat the rest of the way........if you have no other alternative you can always drive !!!! happy motoring.....

I monitor every flight I take and even sign up (where possible) for email notification of changes. Because I monitor changes, I have had two drops in price on Jet Blue since I orig bought ticket...I just called JB and got credit to my Jet Blue Account.

The only thing you need to know about getting the credit is they have to CANCEL your original flight, and in the minute it takes to do that, you could lose your original seats. So my total fare drop is $100...........but I noticed the other day the fare is back up to what I originally paid.

(This is one of the reasons I like Jet Blue!! Last year when I booked JB for Xmas to Arizona (about $550 or so), my fare, dropped, and dropped, and dropped and dropped. My fare ended up to be about $350.)

I did have one potentially bad experience with the rerouting/cancellations on AMERICAN AIR. My TA had made my res and they (AA) never notified her when the changes were done. I found it out MYSELF when I checked my flights. I ended up using a diff airport to change going TO ...wherever I was going) and a longer layover in Miami on the way back.

JetBlue is actually one I had the problem with.
    They cancelled our PIT-JFK flight before our JFK-AUA flight. I had to book tickets with Delta to get to JFK in time to catch the JFK-AUA flight with JetBlue. They credited me $35 total for ALL 4 TICKETS!!! The cost from JFK-AUA is roughly the same as PIT-JFK-AUA. I had to shell out and extra $500 for the new connections!!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba