Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Randi
  • 1 Post By Mr. Ratt

Thread: Westjet out of Toronto

Westjet out of Toronto

It seems that Westjet is a new provider flying into Aruba... I am just curious about the level of service provided.....

Thanks Kim
    Looking forward to trip #3

WestJet

Quote Originally Posted by ksw5487 View Post
    It seems that Westjet is a new provider flying into Aruba... I am just curious about the level of service provided.....

Thanks Kim

They are flying twice a week Sat and Tues and it is scheduled, not a charter. You can book direct with them or through agents

Westjet...yes and no!

Last year was the first year that Westjet flew to Aruba past October. The flights came out in the fall when many people who are regulars had already booked their flights for the winter. We are currently checking out flight prices for next December as we can get very inexpensive flights via US airlines, however, Westjet does not have any flights in their system to Aruba past October!!

When I called to inquire about when the flights will be loaded and if the dates of travel will remain the same, no one had a definite answer. I tried explaining that all of the other airlines have the Aruba flights downloaded in their system and that people looking for flights for next year are starting to investigate now...didn't get anywhere!

Filled in a one of their customer service forms to explain that it might be a good idea to get their flights downloaded. Personally, I can not wait until the fall or even the summer to book my flights. From past experience, the US airline flight prices are almost double if I wait until then if Westjet pricing isn't compatible. Last year for the introduction the prices were very inexpensive but as time increased their prices became more expensive then some of the US carriers.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    can you wait for Jet Blue out of Buffalo?
    they are currently only booking though thru oct 26

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Westjet...yes and no!

Last year was the first year that Westjet flew to Aruba past October. The flights came out in the fall when many people who are regulars had already booked their flights for the winter. We are currently checking out flight prices for next December as we can get very inexpensive flights via US airlines, however, Westjet does not have any flights in their system to Aruba past October!!

When I called to inquire about when the flights will be loaded and if the dates of travel will remain the same, no one had a definite answer. I tried explaining that all of the other airlines have the Aruba flights downloaded in their system and that people looking for flights for next year are starting to investigate now...didn't get anywhere!

Filled in a one of their customer service forms to explain that it might be a good idea to get their flights downloaded. Personally, I can not wait until the fall or even the summer to book my flights. From past experience, the US airline flight prices are almost double if I wait until then if Westjet pricing isn't compatible. Last year for the introduction the prices were very inexpensive but as time increased their prices became more expensive then some of the US carriers.

I don't live in Toronto and nowhere near Buffalo. We would have to fly to TO and then onto Aruba. We travel via the US with one stop in Charlotte enroute to Aruba.

Even if I waited two more months, USAir's flights will have gone up hundreds of dollars by then. To get better pricing there is a small window of approx. 3-4 weeks to book for xmas/ny before it goes up.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Just thought I would update everyone on Westjet and their flights from Toronto to Aruba. I have had numerous emails back and forth and this is what I have been told.
    Westjtet told me that the reason that no Aruba flights have been loaded into the system yet is BECAUSE OF ARUBA! They said that Aruba hasn’t given them permission to land and have the same dates, etc as last year during the winter season.
    Is there anything that can be done by the ATA?

Aruba since 1979
    Maybe the airport authority would be the agency for you to contact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just thought I would update everyone on Westjet and their flights from Toronto to Aruba. I have had numerous emails back and forth and this is what I have been told.
    Westjtet told me that the reason that no Aruba flights have been loaded into the system yet is BECAUSE OF ARUBA! They said that Aruba hasn’t given them permission to land and have the same dates, etc as last year during the winter season.
    Is there anything that can be done by the ATA?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.airportaruba.com/home_inf...Q==&catid=NTI=
    click above link to get the contact info for the queen beatrix airport administration

To put it bluntly, Westjet, in the minds of the Lady and I are a godsend.... at one point the only real options we had out of Toronto were either the incredibly overpriced (for whatever reason) Air Canada or the less than satisfactory (unless you're a sardine and don't mind flying with a plane full of pre-schoolers) Sunwing.
    The scheduling out of Toronto is much better than it's been in years past, and apparently it's improving.
    Like mentioned, if the airport doesn't accomodate, the planes can't land, so yeah, it's as much the airlines as the airport authority.
    Combine that with Westjet's flight crews and their positive attitudes and willingness to help (sounds a bit like a promo commercial, doesn't it?), likeliness is we'll be using Westjet a lot. Actually flying out with them this Sunday morning...
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 05-28-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com