Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WestJet Toronto to Aruba Return $219 Direct

WestJet Toronto to Aruba Return $219 Direct

WestJet is providing the air portion for Vacation companies and are selling Toronto to Aruba return on direct Sunday flights for $219 plus taxes. At present this is a great deal.

Aruba since 1979
    john are you saying toronto to aruba round trip?
    sundays

what are the taxes?

and can folks stay more than 1 week ?
    Our Canadian friends "are in need of a good airfare" .
    Right Canadians!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    WestJet is providing the air portion for Vacation companies and are selling Toronto to Aruba return on direct Sunday flights for $219 plus taxes. At present this is a great deal.

WestJet

Hi Andrea

Yes it is for the round trip from Toronto to Aruba. The taxes can run equal to the fare. I know you can stay 2 weeks and I believe 3 is also possible from what I see on the website for booking. They are only operating on Sunday and I am not sure for how long this will be offered.

Flight Information
    Outbound Flight

flight 3614
    Operated by: Alternate Carrier Toronto (YYZ)
    Sep 18, 2011 12:00 PM
    Class: Economy to Aruba (AUA)
    Sep 18, 2011 4:59 PM

Inbound Flight

flight 3615
    Operated by: Alternate Carrier Aruba (AUA)
    Sep 25, 2011 5:50 PM
    Class: Economy to Toronto (YYZ)
    Sep 25, 2011 10:56 PM

Aruba since 1979
    cool thanks.

even if taxes are the same as the airfare, that is still a good deal for our Canadian members.........(like you and the mrs)

Hey Aquaman - GREAT news for us near Toronto. I met with Andrea and her DH while in Aruba this past trip . . . where do you hail from? We live in Mississauga and always make the trek to Buffalo for our travel to the island (6-7X per year). In fact, I sent WestJet an email earlier this week pleading with them to open the Toronto-Aruba corridor . . .

Many thanks for the update - we still need to book our Dec/Jan trip . . . our Oct trip is already booked via jetBlue.

Michael

Sorry, Aquaman . . . where did you book this through? Westjet does not show AUA as a destination. Michael

Response

Hi

Sent you a PM. The flights are available on itravel and belair and other companies selling both the land and air portion. You cannot book direct with WestJet

If this holds up, it could be very good news for some of us.
    And I'm sorry to emphasize the if. After all, it is the Canadian government and it's propensity to tax just about everything that makes it so, shall I say, restrictive (?) to fly. Good news comes in wonderful places, such as the Aruba board.
    Thanks for this folks...

Hi Mr Ratt

Just to let you know that I flew down to Aruba on this deal July10 and returned Jul 17th. At that time the fare I paid was $172. I should caution that these fares fluctuate on an almost daily basis. Originally it was $449 and then dropped to $299 then to $172. Need to have time on your side and monitor the fares.

For some reason, last year West Jet was flying into Aruba from TO but only during the off season. Perhaps this is the same thing?? I think I read something in the Aruba paper last year that Westjet was being allowed to fly in during the whole year but when I got home I called and they had no idea about it.

Apparently, Thomas Cook travel has flights from TO now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast