Aruba Beach

Thread: What to do flying from Boston???

Question What to do flying from Boston???

I need opinions and advise.

We rented a timeshare from someone already at the Ren for July 27-Aug 3 but we have been watching the airfare leaving from JFK rise steadily for the past 2 months. I am starting to get nervous that prices wont drop since there seems to only be 66 seats left on the flight we wanted.

My husband suggested to check out the flights leaving from Boston to see the difference and he was going to ask his brother if we could stay with his fam the night before we left and the night we flew home if prices were much cheaper.

Turns out prices are much cheaper. If we drove up to Boston we would save $833 on our 3 tickets.....but now my dilemma is if I am really going to want to be staying in someone elses' house after traveling all day from Aruba and then driving 4 hours home the next day

Was also wondering from those who travel from Boston often is $505 non-stop a good price that I should jump on rather soon? Or do I have some time to try and make up my mind?

Another option is maybe staying in a hotel the 2 nights (1 before and 1 when we come back)...does anyone know any cheap hotels near the airport?

Aruba since 1979
    look into park sleep fly www.parksleepfly.com
    stay with your brother/family before the outbound night.
    stay at the parksleepfly hotel for the night that you arrive back in boston.

grab that cheaper jet blue fare.

that park sleep fly deal will probably cost you less than $150

Thanks Andrea, I booked the flights b/c $505 was too good for us to miss out on and worse case scenario we will stay with his bro but I am going to check the website you mentioned.

Aruba since 1979
    we used to use it when we lived in w. central maine.
    200+ miles to logan.

so typically we would make our reservation with park sleep fly, get there to the hotel early evening (a marriott courtyard in s boston) park there for the 2 weeks and sleep there the night prior to our flight and the night that we arrived back. it was 16 nights of parking and 2 nights hotel and we think that we never spent more than $200 for the whole shootin match. included r/t shuttle hotel to airport and airport to hotel.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We just returned yesterday from Aruba. Our roundtrip tickets were $1024. round trip on Jet Blue. Boston to Aruba. We've been paying that price for the past few years. We do travel on weekdays.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Kristin, I fly out of Boston to Aruba and can tell you that you got a great deal for $505. I paid $554 for direct flights on JetBlue for Feb 2012 dates of service. $505 may seem like a lot for Jul/Aug but with the way things are going I truly feel that you got a deal. Where ever you decide to sleep the night before & after your trip - I hope you have a great time!!

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    One more thing: I use yapta to track the pricing of our airfare. When JetBlue first published their winter 2012 rates last Jul/Aug our trip priced out at over $1200 per person. There was no way I could afford to pay that amount so I plugged our preferred travel dates/times (airline included) into yapta and received updates when the price was adjusted. Sometimes it went up and sometimes it went down. This went on until the first week in October when our flights were reduced by 48% in one day. We ended up paying $554 (after taxes) per person. For me, it was worth being patient and waiting for the price to reduce.

I will say that I am happy that they reduced when they did because I was getting ready to settle for a connecting flight for about the same amount I ended up paying. I would much rather fly direct BOS/AUA whenever I can.