Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What to do post baggage claim while waiting?

What to do post baggage claim while waiting?

I'm going to Aruba with a few friends and we all have different flights. I arrive at 1:30 and they arrive at 1:45, 2:15 and 2:30. I figure its just easier to meet up at the airport before heading to the hotel. Just curious, does the airport have a bar or any place to chill while I wait for my other friends to get out of customs and get their bags? It's been awhile since I've been to the airport.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

there is a small restaurant outside the arrivals bldg it is relatively new and i am sure you can go there.

also there is a small area in the area outside the luggage area, right before you exit the bldg.....cinnabons, and cold drinks at the least.....unsure if there are sandwiches and or beer.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoKnuckles View Post
    I'm going to Aruba with a few friends and we all have different flights. I arrive at 1:30 and they arrive at 1:45, 2:15 and 2:30. I figure its just easier to meet up at the airport before heading to the hotel. Just curious, does the airport have a bar or any place to chill while I wait for my other friends to get out of customs and get their bags? It's been awhile since I've been to the airport.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    browse and shop in dutyfree

Aruba since 1979
    the only duty free the arriving passengers have access to is the duty free liquor shop in the luggage pick up area

We have been in this exact situation and there are limited options. As Andrea said, there are a few limited eating options, but remember you will not be able to go back into baggage and will have to meet your friends outside. There are some chairs inside the baggage area if you want to wait for them there.

Last Sept. my girlfriend's flight arrived a couple of hours before mine. She waited at the restaurant next door, had a couple of beers and a bite to eat.
    http://www.14-bis-aruba.com/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

For the restaurant..

In regards to leaving baggage claim, would I physically leave the airport hall or is it in the small corridor after baggage claim and the exit. In other words, would I tell them to meet me outside of the airport

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    For the restaurant..

In regards to leaving baggage claim, would I physically leave the airport hall or is it in the small corridor after baggage claim and the exit. In other words, would I tell them to meet me outside of the airport
    You would pickup your luggage, leave that building and walk out onto the sidewalk. With your back to the airport you would bang a right and walk maybe 100 steps. You will see a little outdoor cafe tucked inside that is next to Insel Air. I think thats the only one but I might be wrong.

For the restaurant..

For the restaurant 14-bis, you will leave the airport and take a LEFT. The restaurant is located outside the airport between the Arrival Hall and the U.S. Departure Hall. Just tell your friends to meet you there.

Cindy is referring to a small cafe in her post above and not 14-bis.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Amy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast