Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happen, no non-stop delta flights??

what happen, no non-stop delta flights??

trying to book tickets for the last saturday in september, and delta(on website) has no non-stop flights posted, but if I go on to priceline, they're showing delta non-stop but very $$$$$. and the airplane has more empty seats then seats that are sold !!! whats up with that????

Aruba since 1979
    where r u flying out of?

Jetblue

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

There are flights from Atlanta, so I'm guessing you're trying to fly out of JFK? That is one of the worst leisure travel times for airlines, many of them reduce their schedules somewhat around that time. This far out the schedules are probably not set in stone and are subject to some changes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Jetblue
    Not everyone has JetBlue available at their hometown airport.

As Chadd said above, it's too early at this point to determine a set schedule for Sept. The airlines will change their schedules alot between now and Sept. since Sept. is one of the slowest months for travel to Aruba.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-06-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I forgot to say I'm flying out of jfk,ny. I called the airlines today, and yes, Sept is a slow month for travel. We like to fly with delta, because they allow each person 2 bags checked for free, and since we dive, we need the extra bags for equipment. But this won't stop us , we'll take a layover in atlanta, anything to spend 2 weeks in ARUBA !!!!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by csdw View Post
    We like to fly with delta, because they allow each person 2 bags checked for free, and since we dive, we need the extra bags for equipment.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just so there are no surprises...

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/baggage_allowance/index.jsp#checked
    "on or after September 19, 2009 for travel on or after October 13, 2009:
    Latin America - including Mexico, Caribbean, Central, and South America (excluding Brazil)-Economy Class

First bag free; second bag, 25 USD/CAD*

There will be a 5 USD/CAD* surcharge on the second checked bag when checking in via ticket counter, kiosk, or curbside. There is no surcharge for bags prepaid during online check-in at delta.com.

For 3 or more bags see excess baggage fees. Each bag at a maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm)"

ash
    Who can travel for a 2 week vacation with 1 bag? They are crazy! Good thing I only bring my carry-on bag now. The days of checking (3) 70lb bags are behind us...the house is finished JUST IN TIME

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Who can travel for a 2 week vacation with 1 bag? They are crazy!
    We usually stay in Aruba for 14-17 days every year in Sept. and I am proud to say that I can take one checked bag (under the 50 pound limit) and one carry-on for that amount of time. Less is more when traveling to Aruba! I mean, really, how much do you really need?!? And nice outfits that you wear at night for dinner.....you usually only wear them for a few hours so I just hang them right back up when we get back to the hotel. Otherwise, I'm in a swimsuit, shorts, and t-shirts during the day (mostly swimsuits and they take up very little room.)

It always amazes me when I see people at the airport who have been in Aruba for only one week and they have more luggage than I do!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amen! I had always overpacked. With some suggestions from friends here I have been able to cut back on outfits. We do very little touring and spend all day in our bathing suits, so no need for much in the lines of "day clothes".

For Aruba, for our family, one bag per person is too much, but with weight restrictions, it allows for carting home gifts like Aruba Aloe, Balashi and Brights.

Now cruises are a whole 'nother story.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We usually stay in Aruba for 14-17 days every year in Sept. and I am proud to say that I can take one checked bag (under the 50 pound limit) and one carry-on for that amount of time. Less is more when traveling to Aruba! I mean, really, how much do you really need?!? And nice outfits that you wear at night for dinner.....you usually only wear them for a few hours so I just hang them right back up when we get back to the hotel. Otherwise, I'm in a swimsuit, shorts, and t-shirts during the day (mostly swimsuits and they take up very little room.)

It always amazes me when I see people at the airport who have been in Aruba for only one week and they have more luggage than I do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast