Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happen, no non-stop delta flights??

When we go down, we each check one bag. One bag has most of our clothes, one has my dive gear. We also each have a carry on with a couple changes of clothes, laptop, ipod, etc... Neither of the checked bags was over 40lbs.

Aruba since 1979
    AA also allows 2 checked bags under the 50 lb rule for no charge on most international flights. (aruba is one of the destinations where 2 bags are allowed to be checked.)

it is not all that difficult to take 1 carry and 1 checked and stay for 2 weeks.
    the art of packing light is a "skill, an art".

even before paul and i had our storage box with timeshare storage, we even traveled to aruba with just our rolling carry on pilot cases.

this coming trip we will only have one check in suitcase between us and each of us a daypack with our ipods, toiletries, incidentals.

when folks ask for "packing guidance" i always say, remove a shirt, add another bathing suit.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by csdw View Post
    I forgot to say I'm flying out of jfk,ny. I called the airlines today, and yes, Sept is a slow month for travel. We like to fly with delta, because they allow each person 2 bags checked for free, and since we dive, we need the extra bags for equipment. But this won't stop us , we'll take a layover in atlanta, anything to spend 2 weeks in ARUBA !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the art of packing light is a "skill, an art".
    How many shirts and shorts?

Packing Light Web Site

arubalisa, many thanks for the heads up on delta luggage policy, I'm going to book on AA tonight, your still allowed 2 free bags, I myself can go very light, but my hubby and brother have dive stuff to pack...many thanks again.

You are very welcome. I hate to be the bearer of bads news , but also hate to see people disappointed or surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by csdw View Post
    arubalisa, many thanks for the heads up on delta luggage policy, I'm going to book on AA tonight, your still allowed 2 free bags, I myself can go very light, but my hubby and brother have dive stuff to pack...many thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12