Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is happening with Insel?

Aruba since 1979

What is happening with Insel?

What is happening with Insel Air? I just read this:
    http://curacaochronicle.com/politics...r-inspections/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-22-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Here is the latest news as of this morning:
    http://curacaochronicle.com/local/in...d-safe-to-fly/

Their main problem seems to be more that they took on way too many routes and destinations than they were ready for, a lot of the delays were due to late arrivals of aircraft from one destination to their main hub (Curacao) before flying onto another destination. The delay with my flight in September of 2016 was due to the late arrival of the aircraft from St. Martin to Curacao, that aircraft and replacement crew then had to fly to Trinidad then back to Curacao before they had to fly to Bonaire later that night. The aircraft which was supposed to be my connecting flight from Curacao to Aruba was still a few hours away from arriving from Miami.

Hopefully their situation gets cleared up soon, or else their competition is going to step-in and take up their slack( Suriname Airways, Copa, CAL hopefully).

Latest article from the Curacao Chronicle on Insel:
    http://curacaochronicle.com/local/ta...nselair-aruba/

All this news is cause for concern, especially seeing as Insel is the only airline that flies between Aruba and Curacao, what is going to happen should it wind up like DAE and Tiara Air?? Apparently the governments of Curacao and Aruba are supposed to be doing their utmost best to prevent this from happening. It may mean less flights between the two islands (and by proxy Bonaire) which means that other airlines( Suriname Airways perhaps) will have to cover flights to Curacao and onto Aruba as well. That would indeed be most welcomed, no need to deplane, just wait for the passengers to board and be on our way.

Hopefully something good comes out of this.

InselAir Aruba are airworthy and safe to fly22-02-2017 from Insel website.. Inspections
    InselAir is aware of the fact that the Dutch Civil Aviation Inspectorate has recently visited Aruba and Curacao and met with the representatives of both airlines, including their Chief Executive Officers. They requested to perform spontaneous audits to which both airlines had no objections. Contrary to the information being circulated by the media, both local and abroad, both airlines remain until now unaware of any findings from the Dutch Civil Aviation Inspectorate that would have an effect on the airworthiness of their operations.
    Pleasantly surprised
    Upon the briefing received after the audit the inspectors said that they were pleasantly surprised with the conclusion of the findings in all of the following areas: Flight Operations, Operation Control Center, Safety and Security, Training, Scheduling, Quality and Maintenance of InselAir Curacao.
    Safety always priority
    This independent audit performed by the Dutch Civil Aviation Inspectorate brings to the management of both airlines a further high level of comfort as to the quality of the internal oversights performed by its quality personnel.
    InselAir Curacao and Aruba safe to fly
    Currently neither of the airlines have major pending technical and operational findings with their respective Aviation Authority. The ongoing grounding of the MD fleet in Aruba is due to a position taken by the Aviation Authority of Aruba in support of the government of Aruba that took the decision to freeze the bank account of the airline due to arrears in payment of taxes.
    Other news

Another unfortunate review of Insel on the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e5fdf619745a

This author's experience with Insel makes my experience with them back in September, which I referred to as 'The Comedy of Errors Flight' look very, very tame in comparison. Having to go all the way from Curacao to St. Martin, followed by an island hopping trip down to Trinidad. Yikes dude!!

Hopefully things get worked out with Insel between now and September when I make my next trip, right now taking Suriname Airways to Paramaribo to overnight then a direct flight the following morning to Aruba is one option, followed by Copa Airlines to Panama then Panama to Aruba is starting to look most apealing, albeit a bix more expensive. Who knows, maybe Caribbean Airlines may resume flying South with a service to both Aruba and Curacao. Fingers, toes, eyes, teeth and tongue crossed.
    Last edited by vallond; 02-28-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Wow! You might as well just fly to NY or Boston first!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    hhahaha exactly.

whenever i read of vallond's travel day, the whole itinerary and timing, makes me shake my head in disbelief.
    heck, as a bird flies, it should be about a 45 minute adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Wow! You might as well just fly to NY or Boston first!

Whenever I do my search for flights I always get flights from T&T to Miami or NY followed by a connecting flight to Aruba. Flying time between T&T and Aruba direct should be under two hours, if Caribbean Airlines (formerly BWIA) would resume the route it would be a blessing, granted they would want to make the most out of it; so their best bet would be to offer the service to Aruba and Curacao twice a week. With the flight taking off from T&T, stopping off on Curacao, letting off those passengers bound for Curacao, picking up passengers bound for Aruba, flying onto to Aruba, loading up passengers for the return flight, stopping off on Curacao to once again drop off and pick up passengers before returning to T&T.

Some of my previous itineraries have run the range of "Okay I can work with this" to "WHAT THE HECK DUDE!! I HAVE TO SPEND 10+ HOURS ON CURACAO???" Fingers crossed as my next trip gets closer I manage to secure flights that will get me to Aruba within a day, or at least make it possible for me to arrive on the island before the sun goes down. The majority of my arrivals on arrivals on Aruba has been after dark, the only exception being September 2014 when my flight arrived at 4:45 pm. Best view ever!!

More news on Insel courtesy of the Curacao Chronicle:

http://curacaochronicle.com/main/ven...o-basics-plan/

What a disaster! I can't imagine going through a day like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast