Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What is up with Prices

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Besides fuel prices, unfortunately airlines are flying smaller, more fuel efficient aircraft that have fewer empty seats by design design. This along with revenue management - maximize the price we all pay.

  2. #52
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    I'd bet passenger capacity and fuel cost are designed to produce the LOWEST cost per seat possible. If the demand is there, they will fly more planes.

    For our Aruba trip (we leave Sunday!) Jet blue has two non-stops two hours apart on Sunday. Their planes are newer models.

  3. #53
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,310
    Well if you go towards end of May Bob, I will join u and Stewart on a snorkeling adventure...Happy Time share and airfare hunting..

  4. #54
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I'd bet passenger capacity and fuel cost are designed to produce the LOWEST cost per seat possible. If the demand is there, they will fly more planes.

    For our Aruba trip (we leave Sunday!) Jet blue has two non-stops two hours apart on Sunday. Their planes are newer models.
    Airlines don't have a lot of spare airplanes sitting around, most only have a couple operational spares for backup purposes on any given day. They can't just add capacity without taking it away from somewhere else. Those decisions are usually made at least six-nine months in advance and often more than a year.

  5. #55
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Airlines don't have a lot of spare airplanes sitting around, most only have a couple operational spares for backup purposes on any given day. They can't just add capacity without taking it away from somewhere else. Those decisions are usually made at least six-nine months in advance and often more than a year.

    I didn't mean they'd muster a plane on a moment's notice because there are a bunch of ticketless passengers milling around the airport. My point was they would add a second scheduled flight.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I didn't mean they'd muster a plane on a moment's notice because there are a bunch of ticketless passengers milling around the airport. My point was they would add a second scheduled flight.
    I understood that. But the airplane to operate that flight would still be scheduled to go somewhere else and they would have to cancel that flight in order to add the extra flight. Factor in the extended over water flight requirements for the airplane and it reduces the number of options within the fleet pretty significantly.

  7. #57
    Member peapod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    the beachs
    Posts
    60
    Hi,
    We go every September and I usually have our flight booked and paid for by December, but this year checking prices they were $200 higher so I watched and waited. Well did I get the shock of my life...a week ago I checked the flight I wanted from Delta for September 12th, the price was about $550 per person and the whole plane was pratically empty. The following day I checked again to find that almost the whole plane was filled!! I called Delta to check to be sure the website was correct and they said yes there were only about 8 seats left. So I had to book it regardless of the price.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by peapod View Post
    I called Delta to check to be sure the website was correct and they said yes there were only about 8 seats left. So I had to book it regardless of the price.
    Out of curiosity, do you fly on a weekend?

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,072
    i was checking united's prices today. within an hour and a half, the price went down, up, down and up again. seriously, do they hire someone to play games with the air prices. how can it fluctuate in an hour and a half. and i am not talking big amounts, i'm talking down $15, then up $20, then down $10.

    Are they mentally deranged???? LOL.. its almost like they give a child the computer and tell him to entertain himself with the button while mommy is working, lol. it can not be an intelligent person that does that because then i am really afraid of united's hiring policies, lol.....

  10. #60
    Member peapod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    the beachs
    Posts
    60

    Airfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you fly on a weekend?

    Hi Aruba Lisa,
    No we always fly out on a Thursday and return on a Saturday. I think that big cyber Monday deal they had for the Divi/Tam really brought in the business for September. Our entire plane is now full.
    When I looked at the prices just for kicks on Friday, the flight from Milwaukee to Atlanta to Aruba was almost $1500 for two people.
    I do not know in cases like this whether airlines ever add another flight, but in our 10 years of going there I have never found 2 flights out of Atlanta to Aruba on the same day.
    Thankful we are now all set for September. Whew!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO