Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What is up with Prices

Aruba since 1979
    Now might be the time for booking for June. We just booked our May air from Orlando via Miami on AA for $341 pp .
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    We are around 90 days out and still seeing prices high. I was hoping we could wait but it sounds like we will need to book these soon....??

When should we book for June? Should I book now or wait?

Wow, great price!

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Wow, the cheapest I found on AA from DFW/Miami was $443/pp. I will go check it out now, thanks for the tip!

I have been waiting for a fair price for June 1st week, and all the fares have been consistently high. Maybe due to high gas prices which is likely to go higher?

I got the Jetblue promotion for $200 off getaways and I booked 7 nights in Amsterdam Manor(buy 6 get 1 free night currently) for $2185 for two with non-stop flights from Boston. The waiting game was killing me!! ..Now I can see if I can get some credit if it falls further.
    Last edited by aruba2099; 02-20-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Location

All on Delta, all non-stop out of Atlanta to Aruba

Christmas & New Year's 2007 $850 (booked 3 months out)
    Christmas 2009 $800 (booked 5 months out)
    Christmas & New Year's 2013 $709 (booked 10 months out)

Tip to look out for-- >>
    Booking 3 tickets together, the lowest fare offered (H & Q fare classes) were $764,
    booking 2 tickets together and 1 ticket separately, the lowest fare offered (H & K fare classes) were $709!

I have pretty much given up on trying to figure out the system, but one thing that continues to hold true for me is booking Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning. Example - last Monday Dulles (Wash DC) to AUA roundtrip nonstop was $573, on Tuesday it was $475 (we booked), today the same flight is over $653 and there seem to be quite a few open seats. That is all within one week of searching.

Last year we only paid $306 with a stop out of Regan National - but I haven't seen that deal ever again.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-23-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have pretty much given up on trying to figure out the system, but one thing that continues to hold true for me is booking Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning. Example - last Monday Dulles (Wash DC) to AUA roundtrip nonstop was $573, on Tuesday it was $475 (we booked), today the same flight is over $653 and there seem to be quite a few open seats. That is all within one week of searching.

Last year we only paid $306 with a stop out of Regan National - but I haven't seen that deal ever again.

There is no figuring out what will happen with prices in fine enough detail to do any good. The best I can do is know that a couple of months before departure, prices will be at their lowest. We fly Jet Blue so we can at least get a credit if our ticket price drops.

Quote Originally Posted by aruba2099 View Post
    I have been waiting for a fair price for June 1st week, and all the fares have been consistently high. Maybe due to high gas prices which is likely to go higher?

I got the Jetblue promotion for $200 off getaways and I booked 7 nights in Amsterdam Manor(buy 6 get 1 free night currently) for $2185 for two with non-stop flights from Boston. The waiting game was killing me!! ..Now I can see if I can get some credit if it falls further.

When I got my credit for the 8 day package it was based on the airfare price only. JetBlue will not discount for the hotel, but based on the booking that cost was far below anything I could find online.

We were going to try the JB non stop out of Boston in May,but for some reason the Us air flt. out of Providence is still cheaper but not non stop.

I booked my Jet Blue flight for May in December and was able to get direct out of Boston both ways for under $1000 for 2 of us. When I look now, it is up to $1524.80. Sure am glad I booked when I did. Yikes!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast