Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What is up with Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Divi chic View Post
    I booked my Jet Blue flight for May in December and was able to get direct out of Boston both ways for under $1000 for 2 of us. When I look now, it is up to $1524.80. Sure am glad I booked when I did. Yikes!
    Keep checking the prices into March and April. I'd bet on another price reduction.

Exclamation More food for thought...

"Every airline employs a cadre of fare revenue managers. These are the folks who adjust airfares throughout the day, depending on route, season, demand, supply and other factors. They're a notoriously tight-lipped bunch, but, on condition of anonymity, we got one to explain how the fare game works."

Confessions of an Airline Revenue Manager

For those of you in the Boston, south, area we are very flexible. For peak season, we start 330 days out AA from Boston, USAir from Providence. I watch and buy when the prices seem right. I also watch seat availability. If I'm not satisfied, I wait for Jet Blue nonstop.
    for quieter times I wait until all flights are open for booking.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to ticket prices. Our 2014 tickets JB from Boston were each $120 higher than 2013. I have our ticket prices for 8 of the last 11 years and they fluctuate up and down from a low of $416 Ea in 2013 to a high of $536 Ea. for 2004 and this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    "Every airline employs a cadre of fare revenue managers. These are the folks who adjust airfares throughout the day, depending on route, season, demand, supply and other factors. They're a notoriously tight-lipped bunch, but, on condition of anonymity, we got one to explain how the fare game works."

kudos to Lisa for posting this"must read".
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

"...On one flight, there could be as many as two dozen different fares based on different factors such as advance purchase or how many days you stay at the destination. The computer knows that, by releasing (for example) 5 seats at a very low price, 10 seats at a slightly higher price and 20 seats at a slightly higher price, it can maximize revenue as the flight fills up. ..."

You can use these pages as a guide to fares and rules for your favorite airline

American Airlines (AA) http://www.cwsi.net/aa.htm
    Delta Airlines (DL) http://www.cwsi.net/delta.htm
    United Airlines (UA) http://www.cwsi.net/united.htm
    US Airways (US) http://www.cwsi.net/usair.htm

I know Delta shows the fare class when you go to select your flight from the schedule and price.

Delta will sometimes also show you how many seats are still available at that fare. This is the reason why many times it is better to purchase tickets separately. If there is only 1 seat left at the lowest fare and you need say 2 seats, the computer will automatically default to the higher fare class for which there are two tickets available. See the attachments.

We fly from Pensacola and fares are over 700 for flight we norm pay 550 or 600

Christmas airfare non-stop from Newark 12/19-1/2 is $1,407, from Philadelphia non-stop $1,009

I decided to book our outbound flight because we like an early arrival so we don't lose a day. I have never done one way tickets before. We are waiting until prices come down for return ticket. Is there disadvantage to booking this way. Price?

Aruba since 1979
    i do not think there is a disadvantage in booking 2 separate one way flights.
    it is quite commonplace.

years ago, (maybe not so many) booking a 1 way ticket was priced as high if not higher than a r/t.

Quote Originally Posted by arubanole View Post
    I decided to book our outbound flight because we like an early arrival so we don't lose a day. I have never done one way tickets before. We are waiting until prices come down for return ticket. Is there disadvantage to booking this way. Price?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast