Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What would you pay?

What would you pay?

Okay, as we were leaving Aruba yesterday I saw 2 woman being brought to the front of each security line- well I assume it was all because it was certainly the first 2, lol. I have actually read about a service where you get some type of VIP service that gets you through the lines and into the Priority lounge after. What would you pay for such a service? I believe the rate was $100 per person. There would be zero chance I would pay that cost but there could be a figure that it would have some attraction to me.

What would you pay, what do you think of the service? I would pay 50 per person for sure IF I did not already get the lounge for free....since I do I would not pay any amount and just hope to get through the lines quickly.

I wouldn't pay at all. We usually get through the lines fairly quickly because we fly mid-week and we also will have Global Entry by April this year (we finally broke down and applied since our Europe trips have seemed to multiply so it made sense to spend the money.) But it usually only takes us 30-40 minutes to get through the lines in Aruba - not a big deal for us. I would rather spend my money in the new bar at the airport called Wineport. We stopped there on our way home in January and it was fantastic - quiet, relaxed ambiance with upscale food and drink. Not cheap but I would rather spend my money there than on the VIP service/lounge. It's all just a matter of what you need, what you like, and what price you will pay for those things. LOL!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Not a nickle. We have had Global Entry for over a year now and fly first class, so that cuts down the time and lines. I agree with Amy, it's not worth it. Aruba is such a small airport anyway unless you travel on Saturday afternoon, the waits are just an annoying part of the experience. As for VIP lounges, we go to Aruba to have fun and soak up the local culture, not to eat and drink in concierge, club level and VIP lounges. I try to support the local economy, Wineport sounds nice, might try that next time. Amy do they have web page?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I wouldn't pay at all. We usually get through the lines fairly quickly because we fly mid-week and we also will have Global Entry by April this year (we finally broke down and applied since our Europe trips have seemed to multiply so it made sense to spend the money.) But it usually only takes us 30-40 minutes to get through the lines in Aruba - not a big deal for us. I would rather spend my money in the new bar at the airport called Wineport. We stopped there on our way home in January and it was fantastic - quiet, relaxed ambiance with upscale food and drink. Not cheap but I would rather spend my money there than on the VIP service/lounge. It's all just a matter of what you need, what you like, and what price you will pay for those things. LOL!
    New airport bar? Sounds interesting. You've been holding out Amy. Oh wait, we are still waiting for your trip report. No rush..:>)

We wouldn't pay for VIP service, but have paid for the lounge when we had a significant delay and the airport was insanely packed. I wouldn't pay for the lounge every time, but for a long delay it was worth every penny. As for the lines, we just give ourselves enough time and are prepared to wait. The worst part of the airport experience are the people complaining in the lines, who either cut their time too short or just don't realize why they are waiting in the lines and that they won't have to clear customs at home. If you had asked this question the day after I listened to a lady berate her husband for 45 minutes for not wanting to come to the airport 3 hours early, I may have had a different answer.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-26-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: fixed a typo that didn't make sense.

I love watching people when they freak out and are about to miss there flights as I have zero pity for the ones that show up late. The people I feel bad for are the people that do not realize there is another security check after the duty free shops with the food court.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We wouldn't pay for VIP service, but have paid for the lounge when we had a significant delay and the airport was insanely packed. I wouldn't pay for the lounge every time, but for a long delay it was worth every penny. As for the lines, we just give ourselves enough time and are prepared to wait. The worst part of the airport experience are the people complaining in the lines, who either cut their time too short or just don't realize why they are waiting in the lines and that they won't have to clear customs at home. If you had asked this question the day after I listened to a lady berate her husband for 45 minutes for not wanting to come to the airport 3 hours early, I may have had a different answer.

How does Global Entry work in Aruba? We only travel to Aruba at this point and getting out is really quick on the first flight out of Boston....like less than 3 min most trips of late. I know both Walt and Amy travel for work....1st class, nice! There are some things I splurge on and others I don't, 1st class is something I wish I was willing to pay for because it looks great but its extra leg room seating on the way down and the crap seats on the way home, lol.

No webpage but Wineport has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winep...04306419793272

A few photos below of Wineport - located between gates 4 and 5.

I MUST finish my trip report this week! After we got back from Aruba the Super Bowl festivities kicked in (10 days of events and concerts before the actual game) and I volunteered for alot of events. After that we took a quick trip to South Beach. And those are my lame excuses. LOL! But I will get it done this week - went to a few new places, took lots of photos.....

Global Entry in Aruba works in the U.S. Customs area. You have your own designated line and kiosks. When you sign up for Global Entry you also get TSA precheck which will help you at the domestic airports for quicker security screening. We were getting free TSA precheck for years so never bothered paying for it but now with more international trips on tap we decided it would probably come in handy to have both. It's $100 and is good for 5 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What would you pay?-20180107_141520.jpg   What would you pay?-20180107_141716.jpg   What would you pay?-20180107_142045.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    No webpage but Wineport has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winep...04306419793272

A few photos below of Wineport - located between gates 4 and 5.

I MUST finish my trip report this week! After we got back from Aruba the Super Bowl festivities kicked in (10 days of events and concerts before the actual game) and I volunteered for alot of events. After that we took a quick trip to South Beach. And those are my lame excuses. LOL! But I will get it done this week - went to a few new places, took lots of photos.....

Global Entry in Aruba works in the U.S. Customs area. You have your own designated line and kiosks. When you sign up for Global Entry you also get TSA precheck which will help you at the domestic airports for quicker security screening. We were getting free TSA precheck for years so never bothered paying for it but now with more international trips on tap we decided it would probably come in handy to have both. It's $100 and is good for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    How does Global Entry work in Aruba? We only travel to Aruba at this point and getting out is really quick on the first flight out of Boston....like less than 3 min most trips of late. I know both Walt and Amy travel for work....1st class, nice! There are some things I splurge on and others I don't, 1st class is something I wish I was willing to pay for because it looks great but its extra leg room seating on the way down and the crap seats on the way home, lol.
    For those of us who really only travel to Aruba, I don't think Global Entry is worth the cost and hassle of going to the airport for an interview. It is only good for 5 years and your son has to have it too. After you pick up your bags, that's the only place it helps you, and really with the new kiosks that line has moved pretty quickly when we have been there. Now if I had to clear customs during a layover in MIA, JFK, or ATL, I would probably feel differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast