Aruba Beach

Thread: whats the chance

Question whats the chance

last year in april i booked our second trip from june 12-17 at the riu for $2100 and some change for 2 people. whats the chance i ever find that price again this year? inquiring minds want to know.

that was airfair included from kansas city to charlotte to aruba and reverse on us air

Last year was at a really bad time for airlines and hotels, I wouldn't count on those rates again. It may happen, but isn't likely.

I am with Chadd. Right now all the prices are much higher for low season. I think the only exception being the Radisson because of their off season renovations.

thats what i was afraid of. im sure we will figure it out. maybe the waiting game later in the year will work.

The waiting game can be very scary..... I booked my week at the Tam Feb 27-Mar 6 last Tuesday and the price went up and up and then down to $20 difference from what we paid and now it is not available, so much for the itravel 2000 price drop
    Looking forward to trip #3

if I was renting my time share it still would not be within your budget.

Last year we rented our time share for 1800 for the week (AI at occidental in a 1 bedroom delux- then you gotta buy the air fare.

What are you seeing the air fare for that particular week>>

right now the air fare has ranged from 1000-1400 for 2 round trip basically from now till oct. and riu wants 2800 for 6 days 5 nights, last year we paid like 1000 for air and 1100 for 5 days 6 nights full ocean view 1 bedroom suite in june, it would of been even cheaper if we chose the junior suite. we even signed up through the rius website and didnt bother using funjet or expedia, or anyother site. we went in 08 and paid like 4000, it was our honeymoon so we were gonna pay whatever. my question to everyone is does it seem like the prices are about the same now in 2011 as they were in 08 for those that went in 08 and can remember.
    Last edited by tspudic; 01-25-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Last year was at a really bad time for airlines and hotels, I wouldn't count on those rates again. It may happen, but isn't likely.
    Unless you find an airfare sale, you are not going to find a cheap airfare other than if you are flying a discount airline like Air Tran or Spirit OR are flying from an area with a ton of competition such as NYC.

Here in Atlanta, on the dates where Delta has no competition, the fares are almost double what they have been traditionally. They are also, off season,, more expensive than any other time in the past 10+ years. They are almost as expensive as the most expensive time of the year, Christmas.

For June, the Tamarijn is double in price right now for what it had been in 2010 and 2009. The price is just a bit less than what it was for Christmas.