Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's flying out of Toronto?

Good Afternoon Everyone:

As many have posted on this forum - Aruba is heaven.
    We've been twice, staying at Holiday Inn and La Cabana - both times the best holidays.

This year we are looking to go to the Tam, flying out of Toronto, but can not find any packages. Looks like we will have to book an all-inclusive with the Tam itself, and find a separate flight.

I use the website www.tripadvisor.com to get feedback prior to every trip, and in this case, it appears the Tam is preferred (by reviewers) over the Divi Aruba.
    So far, it appears that staying at the 1900 block of the Tam provides the best beach access.

Does anyone have any insights / comments / suggestions to make ?

The trip dates are May 11 - May 18/2008. With the amount of hours I have put into work over the last two years, I was hoping to have the first-ever 2-week holiday, but alas it won't be possible.
    My only consolation is that I do hope to be able to spend a month or two in Aruba when we retire.
    Thx
    Roadstar

Toronto to Aruba Tamarin

Roadstar

www.itravel2000.com have exactly what you are looking for on those dates for $1895.pp This is all inclusive and includes airfare (taxes are extra)

Yo Aquaman:

Thanks for the update - and good spotting.
    I called the itravel2000 rep we've dealt with before, and she could arrange all inclusive at Divi Aruba for $2507 pp (taxes included).

I called the Divi Aruba main number (office located in Maryland U.S.), and their price for Oceanview was $400 less per person.
    Net result, we took that option, plus a direct flight from Toronto (Skyservice) for a total cost of $2084 pp (taxes included).

Big relief having it all done.

That's quite the cost difference from a package to the Holiday Inn, but the Divi Aruba reviews, on www.tripadvisor.com make it seem worthwhile.

Means our trip is now less than a month away - I keep telling myself "we can do it, we can do it...."

Looking forward to meeting new people for a week of good times !

Smile Congrats

Glad to help out. Make sure you are comparing apples and apples. Sometimes itravel2000 prices are based on some of the better room accomodations. Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy Aruba and have fun

Aquaman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12