Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whats the recommended time to arrive at AUA for a flight out? 2hrs? 4hrs?

Whats the recommended time to arrive at AUA for a flight out? 2hrs? 4hrs?

Greetings all, just booked another trip to our amazing island in April and was wondering if it is still recommended to arrive at the airport 4 hours before the scheduled flight or if that time has been shortened? We are going to be flying out on AA 1036 on Sunday 4/26/15 @ 9:25 AM. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Mauro

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    Greetings all, just booked another trip to our amazing island in April and was wondering if it is still recommended to arrive at the airport 4 hours before the scheduled flight or if that time has been shortened? We are going to be flying out on AA 1036 on Sunday 4/26/15 @ 9:25 AM. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    i would say the maximum you need is two hours. We've never had an issue arriving with that window of time.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I think most flights out of aruba are between one & four so I would think you wouldn't have to worry. but I could swear someone had posted once the normal flight schedule for aruba so you could see how many flights (not just to america) but how many flights leave at what time. we leave at 6 PM to come home and most of the flights have left by four or four thirty and just a handful are left by the time we leave.

We flew home from Aruba on Sunday Feb. 8. Stood in line to check bags for about 20 minutes then sailed through the checkpoints in very little time. I don't think it took an hour all told. DW was mad I made her get to the airport 3 hours B4 the flight.

Using the electronic customs machines instead of filling out the form is a good deal.

Since you are taking the earliest flight off Aruba.... If you show up between 7:30 and 7:45 you'll be fine. There no other US flights other than that one at that time. You'll breeze through the lines. We try to take that one just because of the lack of lines at the airport at 8 in the morning

We departing Aruba on Friday May 1st a 1:55 pm flight. What would be a good time to get there?
    Really getting excited... a break between cruising.
    Will be doing a day trip in January from a 11 day cruise. (just did a deep southern from San Juan this past January)
    Think or should say KNOW will need something in between.. think quarterly isn't too bad.
    Already looking to do something in July... lol know if I can convince my husband that I may have an addiction to
    traveling... wonder if there is meetings for that.. lol

Aruba since 1979
    aruba airport recommends that passengers traveling to the usa allow 3 hours.
    there are very few instances where the 3 hours are really necessary, but it IS recommended.

ypur flight is at 1:55
    i would plan on being at the airport no later than 11:15.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We departing Aruba on Friday May 1st a 1:55 pm flight. What would be a good time to get there?
    Really getting excited... a break between cruising.
    Will be doing a day trip in January from a 11 day cruise. (just did a deep southern from San Juan this past January)
    Think or should say KNOW will need something in between.. think quarterly isn't too bad.
    Already looking to do something in July... lol know if I can convince my husband that I may have an addiction to
    traveling... wonder if there is meetings for that.. lol

We just flew home on Monday the 16th and got through Customs and all the other Airport "stops" in 1 hr and 45 minutes. The Southwest Airlines recommended time frame is 3 hours.

Thanks for all the replies, we are planning on getting picked up at the Playa Linda to head to the airport at 7:00AM for our 9:25 flight

Mauro... that is plenty of time. Like I said in an earlier post, your flight is the only US flight out in the morning. You'll make it to the gate in 45 minutes from check-in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast