Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When to arrive at airport

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    just got back friday night..airport was crowded..2:55 pm flight..because of flag day celebration it was a nightmare getting to airport..after we checked in and were in the duty
    free area we heard over loudspeaker that continental was telling people who were in duty
    free area to please go thru customs and get to the gate..they started boarding early i
    guess because they had less people working because of the holiday..went to buy balashi and they only had 8 six packs left..i got 4 of them..whew..last year in march they had none at the airport..i might have to think about buying at supermarket and packing in luggage
    next time..
    scott and tricia

I guess I can ask this here...Do they pat down in Aruba now like they are doing in the States? I haven't traveled since the "new" pat downs. I HATE that, but I want to feel safe so you do what you gotta do. I just thought that if they pat everyone down in Aruba, we should allow more time there at the airport??? Last year we didn't get patted down anywhere. Well anyway thanks for the info. AND thanks for letting me ramble.

I'm scheduled to fly home in 36 hours and after looking at the weather, I think I need another month down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    I guess I can ask this here...Do they pat down in Aruba now like they are doing in the States? I haven't traveled since the "new" pat downs. I HATE that, but I want to feel safe so you do what you gotta do. I just thought that if they pat everyone down in Aruba, we should allow more time there at the airport??? Last year we didn't get patted down anywhere. Well anyway thanks for the info. AND thanks for letting me ramble.
    We just returned home on 3/17 and found there were random pat downs when going through the Aruba security check point. Then when boarding the plane at the gate, they had two people stationed there doing random checks of carry-on bags and pat downs. Only saw one guy pulled over to be checked while everyone else went through and down the jetway! We were not selected in either area.

Thanks EHampite, I just thought it wouldn't be a pretty sight if everyone was patted down, because of time.
    Thanks again!!
    Pat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345