Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: When to Buy Airfare

Newark to Aruba is listed at $374.00 for May and June flying on United. I bought three tickets at this price.

Great price!

Arrrgh! But the reduction would not make up for the change fee for my $517 tickets in June . So as the song from Frozen (which I have heard 1,255 times thanks to visiting grandgirls) says "Let It Go". Just curious though, what day of the week was the departure for the tickets?

@Doug - My departure is on a Wed for that price of $374.00

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    @Doug - My departure is on a Wed for that price of $374.00
    Thanks! Mine is a Friday to Friday which may partially account for the difference. United is quoting $474 for mine right now.

I love this forum, I took the advice of so many that say if you see the price you like book it and don't look back. We got Baltimore - Aruba for $469 on a Wed-Thurs trip (a week and a day). We first found $427, which was the price I was drawn in by, but for just a little bit more we can get there at 3pm vs. 9pm, totally worth it. This is about average price from the DC/Balt area. We've paid more for non-stop but we really wanted the mid-week flights so that wasn't an option.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    We booked our tickets back in late January for June 6 arrival, DFW to Miami to Aruba via American Airlines. First class tickets on our flight are now going for $4,000 ea.!!!! HOLY COW!!!! What a markup we would make if we could sell ours!!!

Supply and demand...less seats available in first class so the high price goes higher when few seats remain.

Hi!
    Well we got tics to aruba for 220.00 Half of the family got tics home for 398.00 the rest were kicked out and the tics are now $498.00 for the same flight on Delta to get home!!!!!! Will wait until Tuesday then we have to bite the bullet........seems Aug. 23rd. is a busy time?!!!

Aruba since 1979
    yes that is a busy time for families…..the last hurrah for many before school begins (although many parts of the country are back 1st or 2nd week of aug)

Quote Originally Posted by arubagranny View Post
    Hi!
    Well we got tics to aruba for 220.00 Half of the family got tics home for 398.00 the rest were kicked out and the tics are now $498.00 for the same flight on Delta to get home!!!!!! Will wait until Tuesday then we have to bite the bullet........seems Aug. 23rd. is a busy time?!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast