Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: When do you buy your airline tickets?

When do you buy your airline tickets?

We are headed in August for our vow renewal and the only thing I have not done yet is buy the tickets. I was hoping they would come down but at this point I may just buy them. 3 tickets via jet blue out of Boston with bags for 1950 or so. I was hoping for 500 per ticket but I think I may be dreaming, thoughts? When do you buy tickets? My hotel room is booked etc...

Aruba since 1979
    it seems to me that august has been a tough month for decent airfares.
    jacki and family last year and year before had difficulty finding decent (notice i did not say good) airfares.
    she searched often, for months and was very frustrated.
    (they travel from NJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are headed in August for our vow renewal and the only thing I have not done yet is buy the tickets. I was hoping they would come down but at this point I may just buy them. 3 tickets via jet blue out of Boston with bags for 1950 or so. I was hoping for 500 per ticket but I think I may be dreaming, thoughts? When do you buy tickets? My hotel room is booked etc...

We start looking at airfare as soon as the timeframe becomes available from our available carriers. We fly one stop from Syracuse, NY. As soon as I see something for $435pp or less I grab it.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

In my opinion, it's way too early for the best prices for August. You should be able to find tickets for less that $600 each for August. Keep looking.

We will only do jet blue direct so we are somewhat limited on that part. I will continue to search daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We will only do jet blue direct so we are somewhat limited on that part. I will continue to search daily.
    WE do JB direct from Boston. We fly to Aruba the end of January. I have bought tickets as late as Thanksgiving weekend. JB prices tend to drop the price for one leg of the trip while keeping the other leg high. As a result, I have found that the best prices are possible when you buy the two legs of the trip separately. Last year I bought the first leg in August and the return flight in November.

Always go to Aruba in August. Last year I was able to snag 2 tickets for 952 in March but this year just seeing one ticket for over 900.Prices are very high and you need to watch it everyday. Try sky scanner.com to help you track flights daily. Good luck. Hope this helps. Can't wait to visit paradise.
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

Thanks again to all.

We only fly JB direct from Boston. I generally book when flights first become available. Prices we have paid have been in the $443 per per person round trip range. We travel to Aruba usually in May or November but have gone in March, April, and October for similar prices. I become obsessed when looking online at fares and have been known to check at various times of the day, many times a day. I book when I find a price I can live with

Almost wishing I booked yesterday for the ease and its up $100 today...yuck, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast