Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Where to store baggage for an afternoon?

Where to store baggage for an afternoon?

My husband and I have been on a 19 day vacation on Aruba.
    Our plane departs at 8:30 pm (20.30) on Friday Dec 14, but we have to leave our apartment at 12 noon, and the landlord said that we could not store the baggage there for the afternoon :_(
    According to Airport info one cannot store baggage at Aruba Airport, and we cannot check in until 5:30 pm. Too bad if we have to spend most of our last day on this beautiful island at the airport!
    Anyone who has any idea of where we can place our baggage in the afternoon?

Aruba since 1979
    Would the landlord consider being more helpful if he was compensated maybe $20 or so? Then again he may not have the space to secure it and maybe the apartment is being rented as soon as you depart?

Welcome to the forum

Where are you staying, I can make inquiries?
    Quote Originally Posted by rubaha View Post
    My husband and I have been on a 19 day vacation on Aruba.
    Our plane departs at 8:30 pm (20.30) on Friday Dec 14, but we have to leave our apartment at 12 noon, and the landlord said that we could not store the baggage there for the afternoon :_(
    According to Airport info one cannot store baggage at Aruba Airport, and we cannot check in until 5:30 pm. Too bad if we have to spend most of our last day on this beautiful island at the airport!
    Anyone who has any idea of where we can place our baggage in the afternoon?

The apartment is being rented as soon as we depart, and the landlord seemed totally uninterested in our problem.

Here's a thought, may be if you want to spend the day at the Renaissance island (its still low season on Dec. 14th so you might be able to buy a day pass) and ask them that you also need them to store your luggage for the day while you are at the island. It will cost you some money but you will have a lovely final day and be close to the airport.

I would bet that they would agree to that and you won't have a wasted day.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We are staying rather far Noord, but would like to spend the last afternoon either on a beach e g Palm Beach or Eagle Beach or just downtown.

Renaissance Island sounds very nice, but I'm afraid that 2 x $ 75 ++ for the Day Pass etc is beyond our budget.

Aruba since 1979
    what about renting a car just for the day on the 14th?
    storing the luggage in the trunk?
    returning the car to the airport @ 5:30?

Yes, renting a car may be what we'll have to do (altho' we don't particularly want to drive that much). But are we really the only ones who have this problem??
    Seems to me that there ought to be some place either downtown O'stad
    (preferably near the bus station) or at the airport for baggage storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what about renting a car just for the day on the 14th?
    storing the luggage in the trunk?
    returning the car to the airport @ 5:30?
    That would be my best advice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rubaha View Post
    Yes, renting a car may be what we'll have to do (altho' we don't particularly want to drive that much). But are we really the only ones who have this problem??
    Seems to me that there ought to be some place either downtown O'stad
    (preferably near the bus station) or at the airport for baggage storage.
    After all these years of tourists on the island, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that it is most likely not a service that is frequently required. More than likely most tourists are able to have their accommodations store their luggage for them after check out. Or they simply check out and head directly to the airport and check-in.

If there were such a service, though more convenient for you and more centrally located than the airport, real estate in downtown Oranjestad is expensive enough that they would have to charge big $$$$ to justify the space for rental lockers. People would then balk at renting the storage because of the cost.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    I would give Bully a call and utilize him for your transport to the airport. I'm sure if you explain your dilemma he could accomodate you..he has alot of 'peeps' at the airport that could handle this for you, even if he had to store them for a few hours offsite somewhere. Last Nov. one of our friends left there laptop on the airplane and it was returned to us within 2 hours.....with no red tape. Give him a jingle and please tell him TEAMARUBA says hello!!!! Oh by the way....19 days...really?!? That is friggin' awesome!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast